Where can i buy refractory bricks or cement locally

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Where can i buy refractory bricks or cement locally

Post by Bristolian »

I need to make a small workshop bench/table that will ideally need to have a single layer of refractory bricks or if needs be, I can cast a top using refractory cement. Are there any suppliers locally?
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Where can i buy refractory bricks or cement locally

Post by Dannie Boy »

Bristolian wrote:I need to make a small workshop bench/table that will ideally need to have a single layer of refractory bricks or if needs be, I can cast a top using refractory cement. Are there any suppliers locally?
I'm interested in the reply as both could be used to make a wood-burning pizza oven :-D
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^ That was exactly the use I would put to any excess material I bought.

I need it to handle up to 1,400C, locally, which should not be an issue if I can find a supplier.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

What you cooking up? Reminds of a ships engineer I once knew(from the place in Europe that lost the war). He built a microwave oven, and the rumour was that it held 12 people. :shock:

Have you tried Google?:

https://www.suppliersof.com/fire-bricks ... k/74120492

and a nudder wun: http://www.bst-refractories.com/fireclay-bricks/
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

There is a company called Patra that manufacture a range of refractory bricks and products. They may have a local agent.

I have also sent a PM to you on this subject

Patra Refractory Company Limited.
Office & Factory Address : 55 Moo 3 Kokeyae, Nongkhae Saraburi 18230 Thailand
Tel: +66 (36) 387188, 387189 Mobile : +66 (81) 9942274 Fax: +66 (36) 387190, 305171

http://www.patrarefractory.com
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Nereus wrote:What you cooking up? Reminds of a ships engineer I once knew(from the place in Europe that lost the war). He built a microwave oven, and the rumour was that it held 12 people. :shock:

Have you tried Google?:

https://www.suppliersof.com/fire-bricks ... k/74120492

and a nudder wun: http://www.bst-refractories.com/fireclay-bricks/
Thanks, I had tried Google but I was trying to avoid brining the materials from BKK, if they could be obtained locally but checking .......
I actually need very little material, 20 bricks or so or a good size bag of refractory cement.

I want to make a simple (small) bench/table with refractory top/back and a few bricks to make a small enclosure, open on one side, to create a small furnace (certainly not big enough for 12 people :shock: )

The use will be for brazing/hard soldering and for small metal component heat treatment, hardening and tempering. The refractory material allows better control of the heat applied. My oil soaked, wooden topped, workbenches are probably not the ideal place to do this type of work :D

overview. I simply want to build something a little more permanent than shown in the picture
Attachments
Fire Bricks.jpg
Fire Bricks.jpg (23.17 KiB) Viewed 5507 times
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The following you probably pass on the way back and forwards to Bangkok.

http://www.bst-refractories.com/fireclay-bricks/
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
KunKim
Novice
Novice

Post by KunKim »

Hi,
I'm building an outdoor grill/BBQ and started looking around for refractory cement and fire bricks/refractory bricks.
I've been to Thai Watsadu but no luck there. Started looking around close to home and around huyamongkol but no luck there either. Got a tip through my father in law about a shop on the bypass road but have yet been to investigate.

So, do I really need to go to BBK for the bricks and cement?

/Kim
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Im interested to if someone have any information on the subject.

:cheers: :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

bsdk1960 wrote:Im interested to if someone have any information on the subject.

Me too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 8:35 pm

Me too!
I was chasing some for a friend a while back who was looking to building a smokehouse. As he has shelved the project for the time being. During the process I spoke with a fellow in Prachuap that manufactures/builds Pizza ovens. He advised me he buys the bricks from a yard in Pranburi but was not able to give me any details on where it is. Depending on the application, ie temperature, thermal conductivity, thermal stress etc will depend on what specs you would require. Sorry I can't provide more info at this stage but it may be a starting point.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Bluesky wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 5:36 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 8:35 pm

Me too!
I was chasing some for a friend a while back who was looking to building a smokehouse. As he has shelved the project for the time being. During the process I spoke with a fellow in Prachuap that manufactures/builds Pizza ovens. He advised me he buys the bricks from a yard in Pranburi but was not able to give me any details on where it is. Depending on the application, ie temperature, thermal conductivity, thermal stress etc will depend on what specs you would require. Sorry I can't provide more info at this stage but it may be a starting point.
Thanks fo your repli,im not in hurry since We might move from our location ,due to an idio.. landlord