How do rips off occur?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
ITKMAN
Banned
Banned

How do rips off occur?

Post by ITKMAN »

Seems there is a mood of failure in home buying for Frang. Could people please share factual events of rip off and how they happen? Also, how do I know that I can trust and independant legal cousel otyher that using referrals form my embassy?
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

ITKMAN,

I am involved in property here in Hua Hin and many people have very different views which they are entitled to. Bottom line is that the vast majority have bought successfully. Those who have been ripped off have either bought from a non reputable developer who hasnt produced what he said he would, or have taken advice from non professional organisations or been duped by their new girlfriend. If you want to buy speak to a few agents and go with your gut feeling. Our job is to advise and offer a range of properties that should suit you then tell you the positives and negatives of the choices and allow you to decide with our HELP which is best. Also bear in mind that you do not pay the agent, the seller does.
ITKMAN
Banned
Banned

Good Stuff

Post by ITKMAN »

JW, seems like only a fool is fooled in the housing market. Is there someplace on line where I can learn of the admin procedures of home buying. Also I would like to here more about the lease or corporate issues. With the lease how does one buy the lease or is is part of the home purchase. I have a friend who lives in Situk, just north of Buriram, that is building on leased land. He pays alomst nothing for the lease. Is there more info online?
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

ITKMAN
If you haven't already, I suggest you read this guide. It may well answer many of the questions you have been asking. otherwise I would strongly suggest that you book yourself a flight here and go and see the relevant agents, sites, lawyers and government officials etc yourself, with a trusted Thai speaker to translate if you do not speak Thai. Make sure you have a clear idea exactly what you want in terms of building standards and property, and i am already assuming that you have been to Hua Hin before, so you have an idea about the location you want. If you haven't been here before then there is even more reason to come before you embark on the property buying journey you seem to be planning. You seem to be (understandably) cautious, but i don't think you will be able to ease any fears by only talking to us on here; we might all have vested interests in you buying property here for all you know! The other point i would like to make is that in my opinion Hua Hin is becoming less and less attractive as a property investment opportunity, although it is still a wonderful place to make a home, so think about this before you part with your hard earned cash. As someone said earlier, only spend money you can afford to lose. Hopefully I am treading some sort of middle ground between the doom merchants and the 'best thing since sliced bread' proponents. And i hope that is of some help!
ITKMAN
Banned
Banned

seen it

Post by ITKMAN »

I've looked over that stuff pretty well which prompted many questions. I'm looking for a good home not an investment. I'm vested....I will not go into a deal where there is mcuh of a chance to come up short. Being well aware that doomesters luck on line (cyber wankers) and many people her will be looking at making a sale....I'll be in HH soon. I'm looking for a more quiet lifestyle being a Patong Monster I have come to the reality that I should not live there, that I['m sure of! I just gathering info on reality...I won't be over enthused by agents posing as posters nor will I be derailed by the NaiBobs. I just want to learn from here but I must say it is getting a little thick with alot of nothing. I will be visiting the Amer Cit Services to get lots of info etc. I have done well enough in realestate in the U.S. so I want to be very familiar with the action in Thailand.

You gotta admit there is lost s of posts but very little really helpful stuff....
there is clear signs os member fights, carsck pot moronic stuff and a few well meaning but useless post by people who don't know dittle...I give it a bit more then just give up... One thing I do know is that the vendors here are sliding rapidly. If there is some real help I will be very greatful!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I must say that some of your posts on this thread and elsewhere have bordered on the arrogant. The one above takes the buscuit.
People here are replying to your queries and therefore trying to help. If you don't like the information given, don't bother us with your inane comments on others.
Alternatively, get yourself over here, as Wanderlust said, because your knowledge of property laws here seems to pale into insignificance in comparison to others who've tried to help you out, regardless of which side of the "argument" they take.
You can hardly expect people to give you the time of day if you insult their intelligence.
Burger
Ace
Ace

Re: seen it

Post by Burger »

ITKMAN wrote:
I've looked over that stuff pretty well which prompted many questions. I'm looking for a good home not an investment. I'm vested....I will not go into a deal where there is mcuh of a chance to come up short. Being well aware that doomesters luck on line (cyber wankers) and many people her will be looking at making a sale....I'll be in HH soon. I'm looking for a more quiet lifestyle being a Patong Monster I have come to the reality that I should not live there, that I['m sure of! I just gathering info on reality...I won't be over enthused by agents posing as posters nor will I be derailed by the NaiBobs. I just want to learn from here but I must say it is getting a little thick with alot of nothing. I will be visiting the Amer Cit Services to get lots of info etc. I have done well enough in realestate in the U.S. so I want to be very familiar with the action in Thailand.

You gotta admit there is lost s of posts but very little really helpful stuff....
there is clear signs os member fights, carsck pot moronic stuff and a few well meaning but useless post by people who don't know dittle...I give it a bit more then just give up... One thing I do know is that the vendors here are sliding rapidly. If there is some real help I will be very greatful!
Do you really think people on here are going to want to help you, if you take that attitude ?

Cheers,

Burger
ITKMAN
Banned
Banned

I just want info

Post by ITKMAN »

Seems you are one of the most questioned so I'll overlook you post!
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

ITKMAN,

You won't get far in Thailand with your attitude and arrogance.

Good luck and Good bye :roll:

Burger
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

ITKMAN; Burger is among this boards greatest and most valuable contributors, so you should at least take some of his advises to your heart.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
lomuamart

i agree

Post by lomuamart »

There you go.
ITKMAN
Banned
Banned

Post by ITKMAN »

I'am a long time visitor and I.E. every other month for a month for a number of years, hold a visa, DL, and have lots of friends many places. I have a mini Bungalo bulit on my lady friends famliys land in Surin, spend lots of time in Chiang Mai, and have been touted as the Mayor of Soi Bangla in Patong. So don;t begin with degradadation and belittelment as I am merely looking at HH as a place to spend about 6 months year whilst being a full time thailand resident. Frankly I don't need you help in establishing myself. Please stay on topic, thank you!

BTW, I don't care how much time you spend on this board...........

Burger wrote:ITKMAN,

You won't get far in Thailand with your attitude and arrogance.

Good luck and Good bye :roll:

Burger
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Thanks Norseman, but I think you are confusing me with a 'valuable contributor' on here :D

Burger
ITKMAN
Banned
Banned

BurgerMonster

Post by ITKMAN »

Open note to all. Burger has not added and post to the question. Do you have any info or are you here to pick on a newbie to the issues.....

Tell us about you abode and your methiod of protecting you assets. Now, for every person who said they only want to rent we have found a person whom is unable to make a purchase. I'm being careful because in 15 years of buying and selling in America I never lost, always made a market remarkable profit and always reinvested to the next level. Many people more the enterprise overseas which si exactly not what I'm doing. I looking for a respite of comfort, gated, and well secure that will show a profit if I chose to move elsewhere in Thailand. Interesting note that most certainly the market is better in HH than HKT but I'm also looking elsewhere as I plan to own two homes in Thailand. My second local is a lock on to be Surin. Now if you want to get a BIG place there, gated and secure, you be paying about 40% of that in HH and about 15% of that in Phuket. the only reason I'm not going to Phuket as that would be the demise of a relationship I cherish. There are a number of developments in Phuket that fall within the 12-16 Mill range that suit my needs.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Just get yourself into town :banghead: !