Buying doors for a property

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Buying doors for a property

Post by fft100 »

I need about 16 internal doors and one external.door. I have looked at the major outlets (global house, home pro etc),. But they have a very limited selection of 90cm by 200cm doors (all the internal doors). I also need a 1m wide by 220 high external door which I have not found yet.

Are there any local door makers in HH, at a reasonable price (!), or do I need to look elsewhere ?

Thanks.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Doors

Post by NOKYAI »

If you go out of town on the Pala u Rd, past big C, up over the hill, past La Vallee, on the Right is a massive place that sells all sorts of doors. They also fit them, price depends on style etc.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Re: Buying doors for a property

Post by dundrillin »

For your external door if you want something bespoke try Siam Old Teak.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

The one on Palau is good and has a range of sizes and styles in stock. They can also custom make. We also use one on the left hand side on the way to Cha am. Prices are similar. There is a lot of development going on so expect a long lead time if custom. Think I waited 2 weeks for the last lot. Organised the fitting with my own team as normal. I have never ordered doors from SOT but judging by the high quality of their work ( I and friends have had many pieces made to order) they are well worth a visit.

Crazy 88
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Had a look at the one to pala-u. Will get a Thai to go back and do a bit of negotiation. Prices didn't seem any better than D2d based in global house pranburi. However , it is a lot closer and I see the potential for a better finish if they do make/finish them themselves.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

I spoke with a developer to find out where he got his. The one in Pranburi he has had problems with splitting. I am not sure if it is the one you mean but clearly the wood is not correctly dried at some places. I rented a place where the doors stuck in wet season. Checked and they had not sealed the top, bottom or hinge side so they were picking up moisture and swelling on the exterior and bathroom doors. Get the job done right first time even if it costs a little more.

Crazy 88
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

These beautiful WPC doors are being used internally on a number of high end residential projects in Hua Hin.

http://www.pratoothai.com/wpc-door.html

Turnkey service including hardware, frame and architrave.
AJBangkok
Amateur
Amateur

Post by AJBangkok »

I am using Pratoothai for my internal doors on my build in Palm Hills. I looked for months to find internal doors and these guys were by far the best I came across.

The office is on the outskirts of Bangkok on Rama 2 road and have visited them on a couple of occasions while arranging my doors. They are in Hua Hin quite often as in addition to my house they are doing the Falcon hills development. ( they have a guy there this week). Pratoo Thai is quite a big family owned company and one of the sons Conan was educated in the states and speaks perfect English. He is the guy to contact to ask about your doors. Phone 0891269795 ( his work mobile ) They have a variety of doors ranging in price from 6k up to 400k. None of my doors are standard size and were around 11k each. My front door they are importing from the States and I'm slightly embarrassed to disclose the price but it costs almost double all the other doors put together.

I expect my doors will be ready in 3-4weeks so if you're not in a hurry you are welcome to come and check them out