Sikhara Residence

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
ADM
Novice
Novice

Sikhara Residence

Post by ADM »

We found the website of the Sikhara-Residence Development,located just north of Hua Hin,but are unable to contact them.Does anybody have information about the status of the Project?It was supposed to be ready by the end of this year.
Any info will be highly appreciated.
ADM
Novice
Novice

Re: Sikhara Residence

Post by ADM »

Exactly one week ago I posted this question and it has been read by 752 people without any answer/comment.

There is a nice web site : http://www.sikhara-residence.com/home/,but no other info anywhere.

This website drew our attention and we we would like to know/see more.

Emails and/or phonically do not give any result,but still somebody might know anything which he/she can share with us.

Thanks in advance,

ADM
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

ADM, you have to remember that many of us live here, so have very little use for local hotels. I did look at the website when you originally posted to see if the hotel actually existed as I'd never heard of it.

Short of driving quite a way to actually look, I personally have no knowledge that might help you.

Looking at the location on the map, miles from anywhere, on the main North/South Highway, it wouldn't be high on my list of priorities, but we all have different needs.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It's not actually a hotel, it's promoted as a retirement home for people who want to live in a community with various services available. It's actually very close to where I live so will take a look - I've been away for more than six months but back then it was nowhere near complete - it's directly opposite the Energi project
ADM
Novice
Novice

Post by ADM »

Thanks both of you for your comments.What attracted us was the availability of a comfortable place to live combined with a number of services as described on their website.Right now we are living on the other side of the world and in the proces of selling our properties.We hope to arrive in the Hua Hin area in the 4th quarter of this year.
Our first visit to Thailand was in 1978 and we have been back several times to different places.
We are both in early seventies,have lived in 7 countries around the world and looking for our final destination.
Any more information from your side will be highly appreciated
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Seems like a project that never took off. Released some marketing material then all went quiet. Its on wrong side of a busy road for what it is meant to be (Not beach side). Someone i knew that worked there didn't stay long .. that's about all i know
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:It's not actually a hotel, it's promoted as a retirement home for people who want to live in a community with various services available. It's actually very close to where I live so will take a look - I've been away for more than six months but back then it was nowhere near complete - it's directly opposite the Energi project
I went by the venue a short while ago and it's eerily quiet - looks like no work going on and i didn't see anybody there - I certainly wouldn't recommend investing any money into the project without a personal visit and even then I'd be quite hesitant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

I notice latest post in this thread was June 2017. Anyway - I came across their web site today via a real estate agent web site - I sent Sikhara an enquiry via Sikhara's own web site.
I'll report back what they answer. I haven't been to Hua Hin this year so I could not pay attention driving past. The concept sounds attractive though
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Reminds me. Several years ago there were 2 guys, I think that they were Dutch. They were building a small resort with many features to accommodate disabled visitors. Ramps everywhere, They planned to have nurse visit regularly and could provide special dietary meals etc etc. They felt that there were many people who would like to visit Thai but felt that their condition made it impossible. They spent a lot of money and then like many projects here it just closed unexpectantly--But a good idea
jrbkk64
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jrbkk64 »

try this [Mod Edit] Real Estate Links not permitted. I know it is not the same but seems to have a similar concept and I kow it is being built right now.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

jrbkk64-- Tell us where it is being built without mentioning the RE agents name. I know a couple who are looking for such a place.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

^^^
Have a look at Sansara next to Black Mountain Golf...
jrbkk64
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jrbkk64 »

Sorry about placing the link. T.O.M. is referring to the development i mentioned. Sansara at Black Mountain Gold course.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

I am looking at the Miracle - find their page on facebook but the link to their website is broken. Is this same destiny - did not get off the groud?

I got a garbled mail in response from Sikhara Btw
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Frank La Rue wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:10 am I am looking at the Miracle - find their page on facebook but the link to their website is broken. Is this same destiny - did not get off the groud?

I got a garbled mail in response from Sikhara Btw
The place looks run down and deserted - I’m sure there is no business being done there.