Property prices

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
janofnorway
Novice
Novice

Property prices

Post by janofnorway »

Hello,everyone.

First of all I have to say that I have been a visitor to this forum for a couple of weeks and it`s been interresting... Some strange stuff,too.
Been to Thailand three times,and also married a thai lady.
We`ve been talking a bit about buyng a house in Thailand,to stay there for some months every year,and maybe settle down for good at some stage.
For the time being I am at the "looking and dreaming stage"...

When I surf the web,looking at different real estate agents,they have some prices quoted.What I`m wondering about is this: The prices they quote,are they really relevant,or are they just starting prices?Do these propertys usually sell cheaper or more expensive than the asking price?

I realize that this may not be the right place to ask about this,since HHAD is themselves involved i selling propertys,but I try anyway.

Thank you.
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

Janofnorway

I would suggest that anyone who wants to buy a house should always make an offer rather than paying the asking price, much as we would do in our own countries.

There does seem to be a glut of propertys on the market out here and this will affect prices in the long term, in fact i do know of some already reduced. One from 17ml down to 12.5ml.

This will of course not be the norm as many developers will hang on as long as they can, but when or if you decide to buy then spend plenty of time shopping around and try and speak to the owners direct about a price reduction.

Thailand is of course the land of Barter. :cheers:

Mike.