Land Fill and Boundary Fence

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
philjosh
Novice
Novice

Land Fill and Boundary Fence

Post by philjosh »

Helllo
I have 3 ngan of land 10 mins west of Hua Hin.Can anyone give me a rough idea how much it would cost for 1 metre of fill plus boundary fence ?
any info or help would be appreciated.
thanks
Phil
AJBangkok
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Land Fill and Boundary Fence

Post by AJBangkok »

Boundary fence ( non retaining ) should be around 1800 to 2400 baht per linear meter. If you build yourself supplying all the materials and paying labour it's probably around 1000-1300. Some local contractors will try to charge crazy prices. The first 2 quotes I got were both over 5000 per linear meter. The absolute most expensive cost I found on the internet that someone had paid was 2400 per linear meter. The annual cost of construction guide issued buy the Thai building association for the greater bangkok area quotes 1200 baht per Square meter so for a 2 meter wall that's 2400 per linear meter. Locals may quote per "Chong" or section between support posts which is 2 meters

I have no real idea on fill but I paid around 1000 per truck for topsoil.
deepee
Guru
Guru

Re: Land Fill and Boundary Fence

Post by deepee »

We had three loads of soil delivered recently, cost us B 1,000 per load guessing that the loads were about 12 cubic metres IF they fully loaded. Make sure you watch them with their load volumes as sure as hell they will try ripping you off.
The driver said that prices start at about B 600 per load on big jobs but depending on distance to deliver too.
Be wary of cheap soil tho as this may be contaminated agent orange soil from near the airport.
Complexity is so simply overrated