Gutter service

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Property
Post Reply
Gardberg
Novice
Novice
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:22 pm

Gutter service

Post by Gardberg » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi, can anyone please recomend any gutter service in Hua Hin, Cha Am.

Ours is leaking at some spots and need a bit of fixing.

Reg
Kim

User avatar
404cameljockey
Guru
Guru
Posts: 641
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Gutter service

Post by 404cameljockey » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Gardberg wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:08 pm
Hi, can anyone please recomend any gutter service in Hua Hin, Cha Am.

Ours is leaking at some spots and need a bit of fixing.

Reg
Kim
You should specify what type of guttering, usually plastic (pvc) or zinc? Different companies will work with different materials.

Having said that, I don't have the answer, but would like to know a company that can replace/weld rusted pieces of zinc downpipe. It only lasts a few years. :)

User avatar
Dannie Boy
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4582
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm
Location: Closer to Cha Am than Hua Hin

Re: Gutter service

Post by Dannie Boy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:19 pm

404cameljockey wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:34 pm
Gardberg wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:08 pm
Hi, can anyone please recomend any gutter service in Hua Hin, Cha Am.

Ours is leaking at some spots and need a bit of fixing.

Reg
Kim
You should specify what type of guttering, usually plastic (pvc) or zinc? Different companies will work with different materials.

Having said that, I don't have the answer, but would like to know a company that can replace/weld rusted pieces of zinc downpipe. It only lasts a few years. :)
they definitely do more than one standard of zinc down pipes - the ones on my house are what I would call “standard” gauge and have lasted about 5 years, whereas somebody I know has a much thicker gauge that are still going strong after at least 10 years. He’s out of country now so can’t advise who supplied them or even if they are still in business.

brianks
Guru
Guru
Posts: 539
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: Nongpranphuk, Hua Hin

Re: Gutter service

Post by brianks » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:18 am

Bite the bullet and go all in with Stainless Steel Gutters. Yes, expensive but won't be repairing the leaks all the time. Galvanized gutters just don't last and do eventually rust. PVC gutters would last but don't know about durability. they are expensive also as cost can be more than Stainless Steel.

User avatar
Nereus
Addict
Addict
Posts: 6194
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:01 pm
Location: Hua Hin and Bangkok

Re: Gutter service

Post by Nereus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:33 am

There is a thread that posts some info:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30316&p=392897&hil ... rs#p392897
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

Bluesky
Guru
Guru
Posts: 556
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:56 pm
Location: Hua Hin, Outback Queensland

Re: Gutter service

Post by Bluesky » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:51 pm

If you make the decision to use metal guttering such as stainless or gal and are looking for long term durability you may need to check with the supplier/installer that all materials/brackets/fasteners they are using in the assembly are galvanically compatable to avoid premature corrosion issues.

User avatar
404cameljockey
Guru
Guru
Posts: 641
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Gutter service

Post by 404cameljockey » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Bluesky wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:51 pm
If you make the decision to use metal guttering such as stainless or gal and are looking for long term durability you may need to check with the supplier/installer that all materials/brackets/fasteners they are using in the assembly are galvanically compatable to avoid premature corrosion issues.
Also ask if you can sleep with their sister? :P

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests