Gutter service

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Gardberg
Novice
Novice

Gutter service

Post by Gardberg »

Hi, can anyone please recomend any gutter service in Hua Hin, Cha Am.

Ours is leaking at some spots and need a bit of fixing.

Reg
Kim
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Gutter service

Post by 404cameljockey »

Gardberg wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:08 pm Hi, can anyone please recomend any gutter service in Hua Hin, Cha Am.

Reg
Kim
You should specify what type of guttering, usually plastic (pvc) or zinc? Different companies will work with different materials.

Having said that, I don't have the answer, but would like to know a company that can replace/weld rusted pieces of zinc downpipe. It only lasts a few years. :)
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

404cameljockey wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:34 pm
Gardberg wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:08 pm Hi, can anyone please recomend any gutter service in Hua Hin, Cha Am.

Reg
Kim
You should specify what type of guttering, usually plastic (pvc) or zinc? Different companies will work with different materials.

Having said that, I don't have the answer, but would like to know a company that can replace/weld rusted pieces of zinc downpipe. It only lasts a few years. :)
they definitely do more than one standard of zinc down pipes - the ones on my house are what I would call “standard” gauge and have lasted about 5 years, whereas somebody I know has a much thicker gauge that are still going strong after at least 10 years. He’s out of country now so can’t advise who supplied them or even if they are still in business.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Bite the bullet and go all in with Stainless Steel Gutters. Yes, expensive but won't be repairing the leaks all the time. Galvanized gutters just don't last and do eventually rust. PVC gutters would last but don't know about durability. they are expensive also as cost can be more than Stainless Steel.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

There is a thread that posts some info:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30316&p=392897&hil ... rs#p392897
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

If you make the decision to use metal guttering such as stainless or gal and are looking for long term durability you may need to check with the supplier/installer that all materials/brackets/fasteners they are using in the assembly are galvanically compatable to avoid premature corrosion issues.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Bluesky wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:51 pm If you make the decision to use metal guttering such as stainless or gal and are looking for long term durability you may need to check with the supplier/installer that all materials/brackets/fasteners they are using in the assembly are galvanically compatable to avoid premature corrosion issues.
Also ask if you can sleep with their sister? :P
Gardberg
Novice
Novice

Post by Gardberg »

Hi. Found a good guy helping me cleaning and "fixing" the gutters. Had a bird who built a nest in one of the corners blocking one drain totally. Now everything is fixed :-)

No more leaking.