Exclusive Real Estate listings

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Property
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Exclusive Real Estate listings

Post by T.I.G.R. » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:35 pm

We are placing a property on the market. I emailed my preferred vendor but they want an exclusive commitment by email before we even meet them.

I haven't listed a property here for some time but I don't recall exclusive listings were in vogue when I did.

Any advice from those in the know?

dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Re: Exclusive Real Estate listings

Post by dundrillin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:25 pm

I would go for an exclusive listing, I think they will put in more effort. Homes with multiple listings don't seem to sell so well.

Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:00 pm

If you do decide to go down the road of an exclusive listing set a definite time frame so you have options open to you should the agent fail to meet your expectations. I would be quite wary about providing any sort of exclusive commitment prior to knowing the terms and conditions set by the agency with particular attention to responsibilities, costs, commissions and marketing strategies.

PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:56 am

Agree with bluesky. And don't take their word for it that they "work and share your listing" with other agents.

If it were me, i'd pick about 3 to list with.

caller
Addict
Addict

Post by caller » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:27 pm

In the UK, if you list exclusively with one agent, it's the norm for a time scale to be set for the duration of the agreement and for that agent to charge a lower commission fee. I think that's a fair compromise.
Talk is cheap