Has anyone built a screened lanai or American style screened veranda

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Has anyone built a screened lanai or American style screened veranda

Post by NOKYAI »

I’m looking at extending my outside space along the length of my house. Mrs N, who is Thai, attracts the mossies like no one I have ever met. I on the other hand am lucky that they don’t seem to like me.
So, to maintain marital harmony it would be nice to build a fully screened area where we can sit and eat/drink/entertain at night, without having to work around that time as the sun goes down.
Any idea of cost? Area will be 15m x 4 m ish.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Has anyone built a screened lanai or American style screened veranda

Post by usual suspect »

Are you needing it to be mozzie-proof young Sire, or simply a structure with screened walls AND maybe a roof of some-sort..? (I was gonna suggest a greenhouse..5-5-5!)
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Has anyone built a screened lanai or American style screened veranda

Post by NOKYAI »

I know yours is monkey proof!
The holes will have to smaller for mossies....555!

It was just a thought.....do I build something like in Florida or build a normal Sala and screen it. I was hoping someone had already done it and could advise the pros and cons!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!