Western kitchen - Homepro or Boonthavorn??

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Western kitchen - Homepro or Boonthavorn??

Post by theprice01 »

Hi,
I'm looking into getting a kitchen fitted but unsure whether to go for Homepro or Boonthavorn? Which do you prefer for fitted kitchens? Budget around 200,000Bahts (......just checked xe.com...better make it 190,000bahts :shock: )
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Western kitchen - Homepro or Boonthavorn??

Post by Pagey »

What about Index ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Or Kvik Danish kitchens?
YNWA
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

I would start with Kvik. We are VERY happy with the kitchen they put in for us.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

I had my heart set on Kvik a few months back but the prices on their website are at my budget however if you add all of the extras that you'll need (such as cupboard door handles and taps) if goes well over.

I'll check out Index, i hadn't thought of them before.
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Have a look at Boonthavorn, they have some exquisite kitchens. much more choice than home pro.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I looked at Kvik enthusiastically, but the lack of transparency about their prices is silly. When I queried their initial OTT quote, they said tell us your budget and we'll work to that and I just thought give me a competitive price and I'll work to that.

After considering various other options, I ended up at Boonthavorn and although it took an age and a bit longer to get what we finally wanted agreed to our satisfaction, it has by and large worked out well. The fitting was good, although a couple of minor issues subsequently emerged, they have been dealt with under warranty with no issues.
Talk is cheap
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Ours is from homepro and we were very satisfied with their professionallism and efficiency, that was 7 years ago
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Two years ago we had a large Kvik kitchen from Boonthavorn. It has been excellent and the purchase and fitting from staff was most helpful and trouble free.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.