House or Condo rental prices long term HH?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
OldBoyRacer
Rookie
Rookie

House or Condo rental prices long term HH?

Post by OldBoyRacer »

Ideally with a pool. How cheap at the cheaper end, we would be on a budget initially.

Searching online 17k bht pcm seems the minimum for a studio condo with pool.

Someone on one of my previous post mentioned a huge oversupply of condos, and so is it possible to strike a deal in person for significantly less?

I think BigBoy mentioned cheap working class thai houses for 3500bht pcm.

TIA
Big Boy

Re: House or Condo rental prices long term HH?

Post by Big Boy »

OldBoyRacer wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:15 pm I think BigBoy mentioned cheap working class thai houses for 3500bht pcm.

TIA
Not me, but yes, there are a lot around.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
artyoz
Amateur
Amateur

Post by artyoz »

If your happy with a studio condo, OBR, you would pickup one up at 'CondoChain' opp Bangkok hospital for about 8-10,000b/mth 6-12mth term.. Has newly renovated decent pool, 2 mins to beach & 10mins walk to Market Village or Bluport.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Not to be a snob but i think you'd likely struggle to comfortably live in a 3500b p/m property in Hua hin. I'd say you'd have to do some good hunting to find a semi decent 2 bed house for the 10k mark and it's worth paying a little more for a communal pool and gated entrance.
OldBoyRacer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OldBoyRacer »

PBbeacher wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:18 pm Not to be a snob but i think you'd likely struggle to comfortably live in a 3500b p/m property in Hua hin. I'd say you'd have to do some good hunting to find a semi decent 2 bed house for the 10k mark and it's worth paying a little more for a communal pool and gated entrance.

I think you are right, thanks.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

If you're looking for cheaper rental property, don't confine your search to the internet. Many older Thais don't use it and some of the better deals around will be advertised by word of mouth or hand written signs on walls. Stay in a hotel for a month and ask around, there are still some quite reasonable houses to be rented for around 10,000bt a month or less.