Can I get a discount if f I buy five air conditioners?

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
Hnlwayne
Rookie
Rookie

Can I get a discount if f I buy five air conditioners?

Post by Hnlwayne »

I have five 11 year old split systems in the house I bought. Does anyone know anyone who would set up a nice deal.or can anyone recommend the best place to buy.

Also, a year ago when I was renting, I saw a great sale (might have been Tesco) and thought, wow, when I buy a house I hope I can stumble upon this kind of sale. I met an expat there and he said he has been waiting for "this" sale for months to buy a fridge. He said it only happens once a year?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Can I get a discount if f I buy five air conditioners?

Post by handdrummer »

Check out Boon Tavorn on Petchasem Rd. Tell them what you want and ask for a discount. If you don't speak Thai, take someone with you who does.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:07 pm Check out Boon Tavorn on Petchasem Rd. Tell them what you want and ask for a discount. If you don't speak Thai, take someone with you who does.
I would have thought that the same advice should be followed at any shop selling aircon units = my own recommendation would be at Big Kiang just off Soi 88.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:44 am
handdrummer wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:07 pm Check out Boon Tavorn on Petchasem Rd. Tell them what you want and ask for a discount. If you don't speak Thai, take someone with you who does.
I would have thought that the same advice should be followed at any shop selling aircon units = my own recommendation would be at Big Kiang just off Soi 88.
I didn't know that Big Kiang sold air conditioners. They do give 10% discounts just for the asking. I would think that buying 5 air conditioners would get a better discount.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:23 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:44 am
I didn't know that Big Kiang sold air conditioners. They do give 10% discounts just for the asking. I would think that buying 5 air conditioners would get a better discount.
Almost certainly - a couple of months ago my wife wanted a new washing machine, just a twin tub, and she got 1000 Baht off of the showroom price of 6500 Baht (which is about 15%) and even the starting price was 1000 less than Thai Watsadu were charging for the same model.
Hnlwayne
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Hnlwayne »

Thanks for the advice.

Checked a couple of places and ended up getting an LG from Big Kiang. Unlike other places who were checking stock in Bangkok the English speaking gentleman said he could install "tomorrow at 10 a.m." I said great but I have to go to an ATM. he said no problem just pay my installer when the job is done. He gave me a discount and great service.

I have bought about 15 splits over the years and this is the quietest yet.