Mini Digger Hire

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Mini Digger Hire

Post by fft100 »

Hi,

I may need to excavate about 90 cubic metres of earth. Roughly 10 metres by 6 meters by 1.5m deep.

The removed soil would stay on site, so would not need to be removed.

I am trying to put together a plan/budget for this. How much would a mini digger plus operator cost, and how long would it normally take to dig a hole that size ? A full size digger could not be used as it could not gain access to the location.

Thanks
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Re: Mini Digger Hire

Post by Bluesky »

Probably a bit more info may help with responses. How wide is the access? Is there a possibility of rock? Any weight limitations? What is the maximum reach required? Excavators are generally hired on an hourly rate. If there is a possibility of rock you will need to consider a machine that is piped for rock breaking. Most common machines I have seen around her range from the mini 1 tonners (similar to the Kubota K008/3 up,to 20 ton Kobelco's ( which they seem to manage to get onto a body truck!)
Depending on your situation it may well be worthwhile considering a rubber tracked machine rather than steel tracks and grousers. Hourly rates will vary depending on the machine and if you get slugged for travel time.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Mini Digger Hire

Post by oakdale160 »

Go to almost any bar--there will be cute petite girls there looking for farang friends.