Looking for a Feng Shui Master / Practioner

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Tzen Tse
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for a Feng Shui Master / Practioner

Post by Tzen Tse »

I'm looking for a Feng Shui Master / Practioner in Hua Hin to help with optimizing positioning of furniture and office in my house.
Does anyone know if there is a Feng Shui Practioner in Hua Hin?
zingerhk
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Looking for a Feng Shui Master / Practioner

Post by zingerhk »

Thai's have a similar concept, but it is slightly different than traditional Chinese.

Suggest you go to the nearest substantial temple, speak to the Monks, they can recommend someone to you.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

zingerhk wrote:Thai's have a similar concept
:lach:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Apart from the positioning of spirit houses and certain trees, the average Thai couldn't care less where anything goes. Without trying to be disrespectful, the vast majority of Thais live in total chaos. They have stuff lying in disarray all over the place. Just take a look at the average toilet over here, and then tell me they're interested in Feng Shui. :shock:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

Your head should face or better not face a certain direction when sleeping. Most Thai know this and place the bed accordingly. But that is about as far as it gets in my personal experience.

And the last time I attended a new shop opening ceremony by monks they asked the head monk where to put up the little shrine and he answered - much to the disappointment of the shop owners who had been discussing the correct location all afternoon - "wherever you like".
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Roel wrote:Your head should face or better not face a certain direction when sleeping. Most Thai know this and place the bed accordingly. But that is about as far as it gets in my personal experience.

And the last time I attended a new shop opening ceremony by monks they asked the head monk where to put up the little shrine and he answered - much to the disappointment of the shop owners who had been discussing the correct location all afternoon - "wherever you like".
I know we are drifting off topic, but it was the same for me when it came to the location of the toilets in our house - they had to be facing a certain direction, rather than being in the most convenient/logical position within the bathroom!!
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Roel wrote:Your head should face or better not face a certain direction when sleeping. Most Thai know this and place the bed accordingly. But that is about as far as it gets in my personal experience.

Lol............that's right. Our bed can't face north to south or south to north because, well it does mean anything. The important thing is, when you sleep you can't face the same direction as the dead.(those who are buried prior to cremation, or the Chinese)

As far as I know, you should not be facing east, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I asked my missus to explain how you are meant to know what direction you're facing, because if you bed is facing west, your head is actually pointing east, and if your bed is facing east, your head is pointing west. Is it the positioning of the bed, or is it the positioning of the occupants. If it's the occupants, should you head point east or west, or should it be your feet.

No explanation was forthcoming..............lol.

Interestingly enough, aerial photo have long since revealed that most grazing animals tend to graze in a south to north or north to south direction.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact