Baking Machines

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Baking Machines

Post by Lung Per »

Are automatic bread baking machines readily available in Hua Hin? I recall having seen them at rare occassions in Tesco or Makro but they don't seem to be stock items?
Nothing beats the aroma of freshly baked bread in the morning.
Do we have to go to Bangkok to get one?
:sun:
A friend is only one click away
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Re: Baking Machines

Post by chopsticks »

Lung Per wrote:Are automatic bread baking machines readily available in Hua Hin? I recall having seen them at rare occassions in Tesco or Makro but they don't seem to be stock items?
Nothing beats the aroma of freshly baked bread in the morning.
Do we have to go to Bangkok to get one?
:sun:
Think I saw some at HomePro or Big Kiang but some who buy them say the novelty soon wears off and they stop using them.
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

I have tried several over the years and they all had the same problems as most baking machines that they don't knead the dough good enough and you end up with a bread that is very fluffy in the top but very compact at the bottom.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Although you can't wake up to the (lovely) smell of fresh baked bread, it really is fairly straightforward to make it by hand and gives you a good 10 minute workout kneading the dough. I've been making my own bread for years and out here slice and freeze the loaf and take out a slice or two whenever required. Other that real artisan bread, it tastes better than anything you'll buy in the shops in HH.

:cheers:
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

Dannie Boy wrote:... wake up to the (lovely) smell of fresh baked bread ...
That is the only thing I miss by not using these machines! ;-)

And you are right, the results by doing it by hand is much better than both store bought and baking machine made ones. Also the satisfaction by making it your self is kinda nice.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

I have noted your opinions. I guess I'll just have to find the machines the hard way.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Dannie Boy wrote:Although you can't wake up to the (lovely) smell of fresh baked bread, it really is fairly straightforward to make it by hand and gives you a good 10 minute workout kneading the dough. I've been making my own bread for years and out here slice and freeze the loaf and take out a slice or two whenever required. Other that real artisan bread, it tastes better than anything you'll buy in the shops in HH.

I agree, but I'm a lazy bum and the wife can't get up early enough to bake bread in the morning. And her small hands cannot do a proper kneading.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

We bought a bread maker from Verasu in Bangkok. They've got a webpage and it was delivered to Mr.VS's office in Nakhon Pathom, which saved the hassle of going to BKK. I think that they've got one for sale for around 4,000 baht - have a look at their website.

http://www.verasu.com/product_detail.php?pid=1015

We use ours quite regularly. Mr.VS made a lovely white loaf today to go with some soup, and he also makes really solid stuff with wholemeal flour which you can buy from Villa.

You can set the timer, so that the lovely aroma of fresh bread greets you in the morning. :D

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

,,, or you can buy semi-baked rolls and/or croissants & baquettes deep-frozen at Makro and bake them yourself.

Kneading: no
Lovely aroma: yes
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

Vital Spark wrote:You can set the timer, so that the lovely aroma of fresh bread greets you in the morning. :D
I used to do that, together with setting the timer on my coffee maker so I woke up to both fresh bread and coffee! :D
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Vital Spark wrote:We bought a bread maker from Verasu in Bangkok. They've got a webpage and it was delivered to Mr.VS's office in Nakhon Pathom, which saved the hassle of going to BKK. I think that they've got one for sale for around 4,000 baht - have a look at their website.

http://www.verasu.com/product_detail.php?pid=1015

We use ours quite regularly. Mr.VS made a lovely white loaf today to go with some soup, and he also makes really solid stuff with wholemeal flour which you can buy from Villa.

You can set the timer, so that the lovely aroma of fresh bread greets you in the morning. :D

VS
Thanks for your kind and useful response.
:thumb:
Grunter

Post by Grunter »

You can get bread machines at the electrical store on the main road beside BKK bank. They have all the brad mixes at the Villa Market as well
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Grunter wrote:You can get bread machines at the electrical store on the main road beside BKK bank. They have all the brad mixes at the Villa Market as well
Thanks. Which BKK bank would that be - there are quite a few. Would that be the Big Kiang store, or???
Grunter

Post by Grunter »

Yeah Big Kiang store sorry. Seen some there the other day
alf
Amateur
Amateur

Post by alf »

You can bay at the Lazada they even have diffrent kind of coffemaker with free delivery http://www.lazada.co.th/princess-pw-152006-102621.html