Outsize Clothing

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Premium outlet?

Post by hhfarang »

zeitgeist wrote:
Big Boy wrote:It was good for outsized shoes (size 14) for me.
Is it any good for 'fat-boy' size clothing.
Need to start exercising but only have jeans/trousers so would like to buy some shorts.
There is a table near the entrance to the food court at Market Village that sells larger sizes of both slacks and shorts... and they are cheap (200 to 300 baht) if I recall correctly.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

hhfarang wrote:There is a table near the entrance to the food court at Market Village that sells larger sizes of both slacks and shorts... and they are cheap (200 to 300 baht) if I recall correctly.
Thanks HHF, will give it a look.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhfarang wrote:There is a table near the entrance to the food court at Market Village that sells larger sizes of both slacks and shorts... and they are cheap (200 to 300 baht) if I recall correctly.
Can you be more specific on location please? Maybe what else it's close to? What size waist are we talking please?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote:
Can you be more specific on location please? Maybe what else it's close to? What size waist are we talking please?
I found it :D

Near the side entrance to the mall on the corner. I thought you might be referring to that place, so we had a look. The largest size he had was 44" waist - no fat boy sizes here then. We were walking away when the guy called us back, and insisted I was only a 44" waist - in his dreams I thought. He wanted me to try them on - a quick look around, and I see no changing rooms :shock: .

No sir, over your shorts. Chuckling to myself, I thought what the hell, lets play his silly games. Well, I got them on, and there was room to spare. So it's official, I'm only a 44" waist, and all of those other trouser manufacturers have been winding me up all these years.

Then the deal sealer. Mrs BB asked how much? 120 Baht - thank you very much :D

Points 48; Position 20
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

Big Boy wrote:120 Baht - thank you very much :D
What type of shorts were they? Cargo shorts or 'sports' shorts? Button fastening or elastic?
Cheers
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just bog standard shorts. Zip fastening, with a button at the top.
20140813_162855.jpg

Points 48; Position 20
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

Thanks for the picture. They look good for 120 baht.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Big Boy, I would have to search to find it but I'm relatively sure you are the original one who told me on this forum about that seller..... anyway, last time I was there they had waist sizes up to 48 inches.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

There is a stall in the basement also selling big boy shorts.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

There's a good shop selling heavy duty shorts with all the pockets and zips you could wish for walk past Jonny 56 bar on Poonsuk Rd turn left on to Dechanuchit Rd walk about twenty meters and that's the location.

I purchased three pairs there about four years ago and they are still going strong.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhfarang wrote:Big Boy, I would have to search to find it but I'm relatively sure you are the original one who told me on this forum about that seller..... anyway, last time I was there they had waist sizes up to 48 inches.
I mentioned the one that comes for a few days and disappears again. I thought you were talking about somebody more permanent. So it looks though I either found somewhere new, or you didn't find the place I referred to originally.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

malcolminthemiddle wrote:There is a stall in the basement also selling big boy shorts.
Tried it. I'm no fashion icon, but there was nothing on sale that I would wear.

Points 48; Position 20
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

hhfarang wrote:Big Boy, I would have to search to find it but I'm relatively sure you are the original one who told me on this forum about that seller..... anyway, last time I was there they had waist sizes up to 48 inches.
I believe the shorts seller ( plus other items ) is near the food court outside Tesco ( between Food Court and the Bakery )
It has been in business at least 18 months and I have used it many times - all shorts were Bht100 until I last went 3 months ago. Anyway great value but I often wonder where they were sourced - seconds or secondhand!
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I've seen an XXXL clothes shop on the second floor of the Hua Hin shopping centre next to Collonade Mall. Didn't check to see if they do shorts of not! :)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

musungu wrote:It has been in business at least 18 months and I have used it many times - all shorts were Bht100 until I last went 3 months ago. Anyway great value but I often wonder where they were sourced - seconds or secondhand!
Far too many of the same style to be second hand. Seconds? - maybe, but I haven't noticed anything wrong next.

[Edit] Yes richard, I'll move to another thread soon.

Points 48; Position 20