Action on Soi Dogs???

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Action on Soi Dogs???

Post by kendo »

:offtopic: please.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Let the locals do as they see fit....if they want to round up these feral beasts then let them (good idea imo).....less children will be disfigured, less people on motocyles will have crashes and good riddance to a public health problem.

Sausages for all at the meat ball stalls........lol

These ownerless dogs are nothing other than a menace....... :guns:

I've got pages worth of stuff on subjects like this....don't get me started. :tsk:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, its daylight, and so far I can only one dog wandering about (I can usually see at least a dozen). Dog owners are all acting responsibily by walking with their dogs - this morning, at least. Lets see how long it lasts.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Spitfire wrote:Let the locals do as they see fit....if they want to round up these feral beasts then let them (good idea imo).....less children will be disfigured, less people on motocyles will have crashes and good riddance to a public health problem.

Sausages for all at the meat ball stalls........lol

These ownerless dogs are nothing other than a menace....... :guns:

I've got pages worth of stuff on subjects like this....don't get me started. :tsk:
I believe my position is well known. I couldn´t agree more completely.

:cheers:
A friend is only one click away
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

I dislike dogs, feral or not and I am happy to say that there is a renewed enthusiasm within the local authority to get to grips with the Soi dog problem.
Contact the Hua Hin Municipality’s Public Health and Environment Division at tel. 032 532 433.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

More information now - it seems it was the result of a local complaint. Every dog from my Soi has gone, and all but 4 from the Soi behind. As I drove towards Petchkasem this morning, there were very few dogs.

The dogs have been relocated to the dog pound.

I guess this action is localised only.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

The farmer near me had a purge on the local dogs and poisoned the lot including my neighbours dog which wanders free when they go out.....didn't make him popular!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
MajorBloodnok
Suspended
Suspended

Post by MajorBloodnok »

Hello,

In my opinion there is only one HUMANE solution to the problem - a campaign of systematic neutering & sterilization.

These dogs had no say whether they wanted to be born into the miserable life of a soi dog.
Let us therefore show some compassion for these unfortunate creatures.
A GRATEFUL GUEST OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND & HER PEOPLE
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Major, that approach has been attempted in Hua-Hin before and it never even made a dent in the Soi dog population. The authorities do in fact have free clinics on a regular/semi-regular basis, but most locals don't take advantage of them because the don't believe it is their responsibility.
Your idea could work, but I think a mass cull would need to be done first in order to make the numbers more manageable.

The locals tolerate soi dogs just like they tolerate so many other problems, but when if they end up being directly affected, many won't think twice about sorting things out their way.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact