Best Hua Hin tailors?

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
nellyp

Re: Best Hua Hin tailors?

Post by nellyp » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:54 pm

What would the price be for a couple of cotton shirts large size. I know that would be very changable, I am just looking for example costs from people who have had some made

Cheers

oakdale160
Legend
Legend

Post by oakdale160 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:37 pm

yes

Norseman

Post by Norseman » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:59 pm

Thank you for your very informative answer Mr. oak.
If you have nothing to say; don't say it!

Dannie Boy
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Dannie Boy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Norseman wrote:Thank you for your very informative answer Mr. oak.
If you have nothing to say; don't say it!
To be fair, I think you'll find that oakdales reply was to the previous post on the page before, not to the question about cotton shirts.

Norseman

Post by Norseman » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Maybe you are correct Dannie, but the man in question have had plenty of time to say so.

nellyp

Post by nellyp » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:34 pm

I'm sure Mr oak had a reason for his reply. I am used to forums, and understand how time lines can become blurred.

I ask the question because people say they are saving a lot of money, but there is no mention of prices.

perhaps I need to get off my lazy ar** and go have a chat

oakdale160
Legend
Legend

Post by oakdale160 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:34 am

Sorry,I meant to say,
Yes, you are correct.

Gus
Professional
Professional

Post by Gus » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:07 am

I knew where you were coming from oak. :)

J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:36 pm

nellyp wrote:What would the price be for a couple of cotton shirts large size. I know that would be very changable, I am just looking for example costs from people who have had some made

Cheers
The shop in question,the one highlighted in the picture at the end of page 1 of this thread, is the one I frequently use. Shirts cost no more than 800THB for their standard (and extensive) range of cotton blend fabrics.

So Oakdale was right, not quite sure why Norseman felt so compelled to jump on him for answering the question, are we supposed to now judge where page breaks will occur and navigate for posters accordingly?
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde

StevePIraq
Legend
Legend

Post by StevePIraq » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:40 pm

nellyp wrote:What would the price be for a couple of cotton shirts large size. I know that would be very changable, I am just looking for example costs from people who have had some made

Cheers
There is only one way to get comparative prices and that is to go yourself into numerous shops, take a sample of the material you want and ask for a quote.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

deptrai
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deptrai » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:30 pm

Thanks all for confirming the shop in the photo I posted is correct. How long does one suggest for having a suit made here. Can I go in for multiple fittings within a 5-6 day period? This is how I've typically purchased suits in Bangkok.

StevePIraq
Legend
Legend

Post by StevePIraq » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Why don't u go to the shop and ask
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

nellyp

Post by nellyp » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:11 pm

StevePIraq wrote:

Cheers
There is only one way to get comparative prices and that is to go yourself into numerous shops, take a sample of the material you want and ask for a quote.
Yeah, I should have been a bit clearer about that. I was wondering about examples for the shop on Soi 80. I will take my own advice and get off my lazy ar** and go and have a chat. 555

J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:45 pm

deptrai wrote:Thanks all for confirming the shop in the photo I posted is correct. How long does one suggest for having a suit made here. Can I go in for multiple fittings within a 5-6 day period? This is how I've typically purchased suits in Bangkok.
They can get a suit done within that time frame. You will probably only need one intermediate fitting after they've taken your initial mesaurements, then maybe some final amendments, so "multiple" isn't really so many.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde

deptrai
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deptrai » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:39 am

StevePIraq wrote:Why don't u go to the shop and ask
Because I currently live in Oregon and am in the process of planning my next holiday.