Unloading a container

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
PJG
Professional
Professional

Re: Unloading a container

Post by PJG »

Bristolian

Have been quoted £5000 by Santa Fe, £4850 by another company , waiting for Asian Tigers to come back with a quote. Imoves are looking good at the moment.

Adriank

Your service sounds cheap was that for a 20' container and if so who are the shippers. will give them a call for a quote.

Cheers
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Latest update Asian Tigers £5800. Getting nervous now and wonder why Imoves are so much cheaper than the others.

Adriank where is that no. for your shippers
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

If it were me, I would come clean and tell Sante Fe that you have a quote from Imoves @ £££. Then ask why they are so much cheaper. These guys know their competitors and can probably give you the reasons. Maybe even offer a discount.

My company have always paid for my moves and have always simply told me which company to use and it's always been one of the two I recommended

We have over 1,000 employed in the region and the constant inter-country movement of staff is hard to keep up with.

My employer is quite cost conscious
So there must be a reason they always select from these two.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
AdrianK
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AdrianK »

Bristolian
20' Container £1538.20, I just paid the shipping invoice. If I recall, 40' quoted at around £1750 [will fluctuate due to currency] Bear in mind though, that you arrange the loading and unloading.
Shippers are Orient Worldwide Ltd. 01268567700 www.orientworldwide.com
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

AdrianK wrote:Bristolian
20' Container £1538.20, I just paid the shipping invoice. If I recall, 40' quoted at around £1750 [will fluctuate due to currency] Bear in mind though, that you arrange the loading and unloading.
Shippers are Orient Worldwide Ltd. 01268567700 http://www.orientworldwide.com
It is a very good price.

I sadly don't remember the prices my company paid but the price did include full packing - wrapping etc and delivery, unpacking and inspection process on arrival at new homes.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain