Gardener?

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Gardener?

Post by LolaBeltran »

(I have searched the forum and not found any recent references to this topic.)

We need a part time gardener, specifically a guy with a truck to take away the cuttings, tree limbs and vegetation trimmings which pile up every week. (We are able to manage the easier garden maintenance work around the place.)

As well, we want someone to do the heavier work involving climbing . . .like trimming mango tree limbs, palm trees etc for one morning a week. This might include some general sweeping, raking and cleaning.

We would appreciate references to individuals or an agency that might help us with this.
Thanks!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Gardener?

Post by Nereus »

Call Elaine, she can probably help you. 085 290 3955
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Nereus wrote:Call Elaine, she can probably help you. 085 290 3955
any idea what a service like that costs?
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

I have a relatively large garden with trees, bushes and lawn. My gardener takes care of everything, comes 3 times per week usually for an hour each time. Once a month they mow the lawn and occasionally spend a couple hours as needed. They also keep everything watered. Cost is 2000 per month.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Thanks for previous suggestions. . .but still looking.
We live north of town, so someone already living or working in the airport area would be a good fit.

Specifics: needs to come once a week for a couple hours (on Monday afternoon would be ideal.)
Needs to have a truck or some way to take away garden cuttings, limbs etc.
Needs to have electric hedge clippers & lawn cutter.
Needs to have a little English to go with my little Thai.
Needs to be able to climb & trim tall trees.
Needs to be reliable.

We plan to be very generous in paying the right person!

Thanks again for any suggestions or links!
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

My Thai, good, friends and builders (husband and wife team) may be interested. They look after my garden and any other property maintenance issue. The wife does speak a little English but having dealt with me for a very long time are used to communicating with us foreigners. They are located in soi 6, so very close to airport. He as a builder can handle most other electrical/plumbing/landscaping issues. If you are interested I can make the intro. PM me if of any use.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Thanks for the suggestions here! Much appreciated. We did find and are trying out a gardening service. Early days yet but they seem to be very professional and well organized.
dpd2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dpd2 »

Hi LolaBeltran
How did your gardening team work out? We will be looking for a reliable gardener in January so would appreciate a recommendation. Thanks
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

The service we found is centered on Palm Hills and has been working out great. PM me and I will share his phone number.
rynka
Amateur
Amateur

Post by rynka »

Anyone who knows a gardener who'd do it 2x per month for under 2K?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

rynka wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:15 pm Anyone who knows a gardener who'd do it 2x per month for under 2K?
What is the size of your garden and location ?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Bumping this up. We need a Gardener

Post by LolaBeltran »

Just bumping this thread up. The gardening service we had been using has managed to lose its Burmese workers and is now unable to send a gardener twice a month for a couple hours at a time.

Soooo, once again two years since the last post here ( thanks everyone for suggestions!!). . .open to current suggestions. Surely there is a reliable (!) company that does this.

We do most of the general trimming and maintaining, but need someone to climb trees, hack off branches, mow the small lawn and trim the hedge . . all the unpleasant tasks and things we cant handle for lack of machines. .

Suggestions please!
Thanks
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Re: Bumping this up. We need a Gardener

Post by LolaBeltran »

LolaBeltran wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:04 am Just bumping this thread up. The gardening service we had been using has managed to lose its Burmese workers and is now unable to send a gardener twice a month for a couple hours at a time.

Soooo, once again two years since the last post here ( thanks everyone for suggestions!!). . .open to current suggestions. Surely there is a reliable (!) company that does this.

We do most of the general trimming and maintaining, but need someone to climb trees, hack off branches, mow the small lawn and trim the hedge . . all the unpleasant tasks and things we cant handle for lack of machines. .

Suggestions please!
Thanks
Bumping this up again. . .which in itself says a lot about reliability and service mind of local ( North HH services). This time just no show and no communication, ignored phone calls etc.

So current suggestions???
________________________________________________________________________________________
Actually we want to expand this search to find a full time general helper for our home and farm. Someone with a motorbike and motivation plus a willingness to travel back and forth to the farm in Thayang every few days. Would need to be male ( farm facilities are a bit primitive) able to eventually get a car driving licence, willing to do housework and gardening. Full board and room provided and a very good monthly salary to be arranged depending on background and qualifications. ( I will also post this elsewhere)
Thanks for any leads or references.