Water Bore Hole

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Water Bore Hole

Post by StevePIraq »

We have some land and have till now been having water delivered and pumped into our tank for later watering. We then started discussing have a bore hole done and using a diesel water pump as there is no mains electric nearby. My wife got onto the Thai family and was put in touch with a relative in Rayong. He just happens to be head of maintenance for the water department. What surprised us was he advised that you cannot just have a bore hole done anymore as you need a permit, I assume this is to maintain the ground water level. In Rayong they are inspecting land and you get a 40k fine if you do not have a permit, even if you did the borehole years ago.

Has anyone heard of this here, is this being applied in HH? If so I guess I will have to get in touch with the ampour for whatever permit is required.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Water Bore Hole

Post by Nereus »

I have been here over 25 years, and needing a permit has always been the case, not just Hua Hin.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!