Traditional Thai barber in Hua Hin

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Traditional Thai barber in Hua Hin

Post by Hahuahin »

Can anyone recommend a traditional Thai barber in Hua Hin!

Thanks
hahuahin
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Traditional Thai barber in Hua Hin

Post by NOKYAI »

There used to be one where the night market sets up, top end towards the railway tracks, on the left walking in that direction.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
albaker

Post by albaker »

Try Chom Sin Rd , think it is soi 70 towards roundabout / railway line , has 3 mens barbers , paid 70 baht in March this year .
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Post by Hahuahin »

Thank you. I found the 3 barbershops near roundabout / railway line. Think all of them had 80 Baht on a board. I selected one and sure my hair got a good harvest. But I like it short and I like the old style barbershops in Thailand. They remind me about my childhood and now and then I find barbers in Thailand which do a much better job than educated hairdressers back home.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Too late for this time but a couple of days ago I was riding from Soi 88 railway junction onto the road along the canal which passes the back entrance of MV. Not far up the road from Soi 88 I glanced to my left and saw a man reclined in a barber chair having a wet shave with a cut throat razor so I'm guessing he is a traditional style barber.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The old Thai male barbers used to not only cut the hair in your ears, but remove any wax as well. Had special tools and probes. :shock: They had been doing it for so long very competent, safe and sterile. These days you may only find in Bangkok I would think as they're probably all in their 70's. Don't know if this "ear art" has been passed down to the new generation of barbers. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

prcscct wrote:The old Thai male barbers used to not only cut the hair in your ears, but remove any wax as well. Had special tools and probes. :shock: They had been doing it for so long very competent, safe and sterile. These days you may only find in Bangkok I would think as they're probably all in their 70's. Don't know if this "ear art" has been passed down to the new generation of barbers. Pete :cheers:
Seen that in Vietnam recently at an outdoor barber with the chair on the street.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I had this recently from a gent in his 70's that used to be in HH, now about 15 km along the Pala u rd. Shave, haircut, ears and forehead shaved and ears de waxed B60, but I always gave him B100. There was always a group of old Thais sat chatting and they were always welcoming to the funny Felang who used their barber.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Most proper Thai barbers shops will offer ear cleaning service. You need to ask for "kek huu" and piont to your ears. They normally squirt hydrogen peroxide solution into the ear first to dissolve the wax and then have a good scrape around and clean out.

The whole process "Tat pom, gorn nuat & kek huu" is a relaxing way to spend an hour. In Bangkok it all costs around 80 to 100 baht.

The Barbers on the left hand side down from the Palau Road railway crossing going towards Petchkasem are good for haircuts, shaves and ear cleans.