Stair Gate

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Stair Gate

Post by robcar »

I need to stop my dog going upstairs to explore and sleep so I am looking for a 'stair gate' sometimes referred to as a safety gate. I would prefer a wooden concertina type that can fold away. I have looked at Lazada and nothing on there is really suitable. I you have seen any for sale in Hua Hin, I would appreciate some pointers as to where to look.

Thanking you in advance for any info.

robcar
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: Stair Gate

Post by VincentD »

Made my own at the time and in a different country, but you can scout the plant gardens for bamboo trellises; they cost almost nothing and all you probably will need is a couple of zip ties to keep it in place.
My boxer still found a way to make it upstairs and warm the foot of my bed. Miss the bugger.
วินเชนท์
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

When I saw the heading Stair gate, I assumed it was about some political scandal that happened on the stairs.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Thanks VincentD, that is exactly the sort of thing I have in mind............ good call :cheers:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

We got one years ago when my kids were young to keep them out of the kitchen (OK to keep them locked up). It was the accordian style you mentioned. Perhaps, if it exists, a store catering to babies
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
pensorter
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pensorter »

Homepro has some concertina style PVC partitions for rooms or shed/cupboard doors.(in the curtain section I think) I've seen a low demo about 5 foot, don't know if they go smaller, but probably do if you order it in.
pensorter
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Stair Gate

Post by hhinner »

migrant wrote:We got one years ago when my kids were young to keep them out of the kitchen (OK to keep them locked up). It was the accordian style you mentioned. Perhaps, if it exists, a store catering to babies
There is a small mothercare type shop in MV basement.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Thank you all for your input so far............... I had a quick nosy around one of the plant/garden places in Railway Road this morning but couldn't see anything that was suitable or that I would/could buy. I'll check the other one tomorrow. I'll be checking out MV tomorrow morning when it's quiet, I hate shopping at the best of times but weekends are really taboo lol.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Problem solved with thanks to you guys on here especially VincentD and pensorter for directions.

Went to HomePro for a wonder this morning and found some white plastic concertina fencing, the sort of thing that goes around the flower beds, 32'' high and expands out about the same.

Happy Bunny. Thanks again.

:cheers:

Forgot to mention the enormous cost...........329Baht :wink: