Scooter for kids (not motor)

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
nellyp

Scooter for kids (not motor)

Post by nellyp »

My 11 year old has decided he needs a scooter, but we can only find larger sized ones downstairs in market village. Does anybody know anywhere else to buy one?
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Scooter for kids (not motor)

Post by Takiap »

If you are referring to a regular 2-wheel push scooter, you can get what they call a "micro scooter" at the sports shop in the basement at Market Village, or at Toys R Us upstairs where the same thing will cost a lot more. These are adjustable, so good for all sizes/ages.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I believe Toys R Us vanished many many moons ago. That area has been the banking zone for quite a while.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

HHTel wrote:I believe Toys R Us vanished many many moons ago. That area has been the banking zone for quite a while.

:lach: :lach: :lach: Just goes to show how often I go to Market Village. I was there in December though, but only for about 30 minutes, and only in the basement section, where I did see the micro scooters mentioned in my previous post.

Fortunately for me, there is absolutely nothing I want or need at MV, and especially since Makro opened just down the road from me.

Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote:I believe Toys R Us vanished many many moons ago. That area has been the banking zone for quite a while.
There is a Toys R Us in Bluport now.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

You could try the bike shop just before the palace ( on L leaving HH ) They seem to sell a lot more than just bikes.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

Takiap wrote:If you are referring to a regular 2-wheel push scooter, you can get what they call a "micro scooter" at the sports shop in the basement at Market Village, or at Toys R Us upstairs where the same thing will cost a lot more. These are adjustable, so good for all sizes/ages.

Thanks. I have seen them in market village, but I am trying to find other makes and quality. I want him to buy one he can use for tricks, as otherwise he is bound to wreck it

Cheers
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

NOKYAI wrote:You could try the bike shop just before the palace ( on L leaving HH ) They seem to sell a lot more than just bikes.
Great! I'll take a look tomorrow

Cheers
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

It may be worth your while to look at LA Bicycle closer to the center of town, also on the main drag.

nellyp

Post by nellyp »

Takiap wrote:It may be worth your while to look at LA Bicycle closer to the center of town, also on the main drag.

Ok, that is another option. I couldn't find the one by the king's palace today, but I may not have gone far enough along the road. i will take another journey on the week end.

If I start at market village and drive along Phetkasem road, will I pass LA bicycles? If so will they be on my left or right driving towards the king's palace?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

LA Bike is on the right a couple of hundred meters or so after the Esso station as you go north, before you get to the U-turn at Soi 68. The other bike shop is also on the right just after the Shell station on the left and the PTT station on the right.
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

hhinner wrote:LA Bike is on the right a couple of hundred meters or so after the Esso station as you go north, before you get to the U-turn at Soi 68. The other bike shop is also on the right just after the Shell station on the left and the PTT station on the right.
Thanks again.

I went to LA but they had no scooters, I will have to have another look for the one further down

Cheers
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I noticed that Tesco had a few, immediately on your left as you enter the store a couple of days ago - of course, I've no idea if they would be rugged enough for performing tricks.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
nellyp

Post by nellyp »

Thanks, but they are a bit small for my 11 year old. No doubt I will eventuall need to buy one for my 7 year old though

Cheers