Mayongchid tree and orange tree

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
benji57

Mayongchid tree and orange tree

Post by benji57 »

Could anyone please tell me where I can find a (sweet) Mayongchid tree and an orange tree in or around Hua Hin ?

Thanks,
Benji57
Wryxl
Novice
Novice

Re: Mayongchid tree and orange tree

Post by Wryxl »

There is a fair on across the road from Tesco in Pranburi, they have lots of stalls selling plants mainly tropical fruit trees some flowering plants and pot plants. I bought a mayong from there they also have mandarins, limes etc not sure about oranges though. I think it runs until the 25th.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

There is a small garden centre on the lane that runs parallel to the railway line on the western side between Soi's 102 and 94. (opposite side the track of the rear of Bluport) It is run by a Lady called Ann who speaks reasonable english and has a background in Horticulture. She normally orders in Mayongchid plants as required by customers with a fairly short turnaround time. It may be worthwhile to talk to her regarding type and variety that will grow well in this region. Likewise for citrus. It may be worthwhile asking about orange trees as they are normally grown in a cooler subtropical environment. Likewise susceptiblity to greening and other pests and diseases here.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

I certainly agree with that, good service and very keen prices.
benji57

Post by benji57 »

Thanks all, I will have a look at all places .
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

There is a fair on across the road from Tesco in Pranburi, they have lots of stalls selling plants mainly tropical fruit trees some flowering plants and pot plants. I bought a mayong from there they also have mandarins, limes etc not sure about oranges though. I think it runs until the 25th.
Anyone know how often this fair is and when is the next one? Thanks in advance.