Dish Washers (Non-human)

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Dish Washers (Non-human)

Post by Nereus »

Franke make several different models, but like most places now they only have a Farcebook listing.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

RE: Kitchen waste disposal....I think Nereus's condo is hooked up to the Bangkok sewer system. Your house non-toilet drainage is more than likely hooked up to a concrete trough that runs into a larger trough, that probably then runs into the sea....or a slim chance I guess to whatever sewage treatment facility Hua Hin has. They may be saying what they're saying as the city doesn't want pureed food matter in the troughs under the streets, a strain of super rat would probably evolve. :shock: :laugh: Anyway, that's my thinking. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ No need to worry about that. The rats already get enough food from street vendors.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:RE: Kitchen waste disposal....I think Nereus's condo is hooked up to the Bangkok sewer system
What sewer system, Pete? Oh, you mean Phrakhanong Klong that sometimes floods into the basement of the Condo? :twisted:

No, there is no sewer system where I am, just several septic tanks. I have seen the argument before that a food disposal appliance should not dump into a septic system. Maybe in Thailand it shouldn't, but a properly constructed system will have no problem digesting food waste. In fact, chicken bones are reported to be a good source of breeding bacteria!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ Makes sense to me. Every suburban house I've seen though has all waste water pipes except toilets going into the trough flowing to the street trough. For anything but toilet to go into the septic some major re-piping I would think. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I think you're spot on, my kitchen waste doesn't flow into the sewer line I think. Fair enough.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I have a Bosch and cannot complain at all. Wife rinses the plates prior to loading them into the machine, which I feel is the right way to do. Even in my home country I do that before loading them into the machine. The machine has ran 1-2 times a week for 4-5 years and is still working fine.
YNWA
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

huahin4ever wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:09 pmI have a Bosch and cannot complain at all. Wife rinses the plates prior to loading them into the machine, which I feel is the right way to do.
Right now in Sweden there's a TV commercial running from a dishwasher powder manufacturer that says that you don't have to rinse if using their dishwasher powder. The funny thing is that we newer rinse regardless of what kind of dishwasher powder we use. Of course you need to get rid of the "solid" stuff but the result is almost always perfect even without prior rinsing.

I once spoke to a dishwasher repairman and he had the opinion that some grease on the plates prolonged the life of the machine by giving the internals of the machine a kind of lubrication. I have no idea if he's right.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Ralfredo wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:55 pm
huahin4ever wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:09 pmI have a Bosch and cannot complain at all. Wife rinses the plates prior to loading them into the machine, which I feel is the right way to do.
Right now in Sweden there's a TV commercial running from a dishwasher powder manufacturer that says that you don't have to rinse if using their dishwasher powder. The funny thing is that we newer rinse regardless of what kind of dishwasher powder we use. Of course you need to get rid of the "solid" stuff but the result is almost always perfect even without prior rinsing.

I once spoke to a dishwasher repairman and he had the opinion that some grease on the plates prolonged the life of the machine by giving the internals of the machine a kind of lubrication. I have no idea if he's right.
No idea about the grease story, sounds logical until you think that all the grease is actually washed off everything including the machine parts!

My family of four used a machine for a lot of years in the UK, never rinsed anything before putting it in, and the performance was always first class. If you put stuff in at morning and lunchtime and are not going to do the wash until after evening dinner you can just give it a quick rinse cycle and keep it closed until you complete the load later. I was usually the loader/unloader so I can attest that it's just not necessary to rinse before loading. If I still had a family of four here I'd be buying one tomorrow! :D
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: RE: Re: Dish Washers (Non-human)

Post by Henry 14th »

J.J.B. wrote:Our developer isn't including them in new builds unless they are explicity requested. We took the keys to our new house five years ago this week and there was no dishwasher. During our first few visits we were accompanied by inlaws, oulaws and friends alike and used to do a fair bit of entertaining so not having one was a pain, especially since we've always had one in the UK.

Our agent and friend managed to source a nice looking second hand one so we arranged for a cupboard to be given-up to this undercounter model, i.e. not a built-in one. The water supply, drain and electrical install was pretty easy as this could be accessed from under the house - we have a rafted concrete structure - but the machine was a dud. We arranged for it to be repaired but it never worked properly and would leave crockery with a hard-baked white residue on and the cutlery with rust spots that all needed to be washed again, which was twice the work of the original dirty dish problem! Unable to easily put the cupboard back the dishwasher was neither use nor ornament.

Just over two years ago we bought a replacement dishwasher, a Siemens model from PowerBuy. To an earlier comment, I don't think they knew how it worked either but I was confident of the brand even though it was at least three times the price you would pay in Europe.

It also didn't work. The dishwashers of Thailand were becoming my arch enemy and clearly had it in for me. The unit had a two year warranty so we went to PowerBuy who said we would need to go to Siemens directly. That didn't seem right to me and for some time we were going back and forth with Siemens and PowerBuy but getting nowhere. This was compounded by not living in Thailand full time and not having an agent here who was able to see the problem through for us. The warranty period expired in February this year and still the machine was not working, each program attempt merely resulted in a different error being thrown-up on the display and the machine then emptied itself and shut down.

In May, with this as my sole mission of our holiday visit, I managed to get through to an excellent service centre for Siemens in Thailand. They spoke fluent English and a manager there heard my case and agreed to have the machine repaired under a limited, extended warranty through an agent in Hua Hin. They came, diagnosed a major fault with the main circuit board and Siemens agreed fo replace it. They did this through another engineer who came from Pranburi with the replacment part but he diagnosed a different problem. He spoke to Siemens and they agreed to replace the part he said was the root cause of all the other problems. Our holiday ended and we went home and I despaired that we would still not get this sorted. But Siemens kept in touch with me by email and worked with our property management company to see it all through to a satisfactory conclusion.

Now, finally, after five years we have a working dishwasher, which is amazing! But with only me here at the moment and opting to eat out most of the time, I don't have enough to put in it to run a cycle so am washing my few cups and plates by hand. Because it's just easier.
:roll:
Agree with lots of this.

Siemans thai customer service has in my experience beem leagues above any other service department in the understanding of a problem and the efficiency of getting it resolved.

Couldn't have expected a better after sales services from their UK counterparts.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk