Ant Powder

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
johnjar
Guru
Guru

Ant Powder

Post by johnjar »

404cameljockey wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:55 pm
johnjar wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:09 pm I live little north and east of Hua Hin town and my house has rough ground both sides like a jungle due to rains over last few months we have been having ,anyway I saw a post somewhere on this thread which is absolutely correct and that is keep your outdoors area free of bushes etc so you have open space to look about as these nasties like to hide , I filled all the rough earth perimeter around inner wall of house area with fine gravel and got rid of any bushes the rest is tiled and its amazing how it reduced the snakes coming over the wall fence many of them were vipers I think , but there is a few that like to shed skin under the water pump cover and under washing machine..but it narrows the down danger areas down so the point is keep your yard clean and tidy , also the other nasties like centipedes (big buggers) the missus got some white powder that you sprinkle around bottom door cracks once every month and that keeps them out too...Also a big bonus is having good Thai soi dog as loyal family member and they eat anything we eat and all they need is little love in return , no special pedigree chum needed just annual injections etc and they are exceptionally good at keeping all intruders at bay whether snakes or otherwise..Hope this helps :)
Is the white powder Chaindrite? I've bought it from HomePro and found it really good to kill the continually appearing ant nests at the edges of my lawn. Harmless to grass they tell me (seems to be so).
It is cypermethrin insecticide the same product that professional pest control companies use around house holds , they drill holes in floors to pump under foundations and around perimeter of houses,I just dry sprinkle it around outside of door's,and it has completely stopped these nasties getting into house... :cheers:
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Snakes in the house and garden

Post by 404cameljockey »

Thanks. Chaindrite powder's active ingredient is shown as methrin on the bag, but I believe it's Alphacyphermethrin.

Anyway, it definitely kills ants at a stroke! I just sprinkle it too, and even after it's washed away it doesn't need reapplying, I guess it soaks down into the nest. That's it done until the next army come over the wall from the field behind me. :)
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Re: Snakes in the house and garden

Post by Bluesky »

404cameljockey wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:55 pm
johnjar wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:09 pm I live little north and east of Hua Hin town and my house has rough ground both sides like a jungle due to rains over last few months we have been having ,anyway I saw a post somewhere on this thread which is absolutely correct and that is keep your outdoors area free of bushes etc so you have open space to look about as these nasties like to hide , I filled all the rough earth perimeter around inner wall of house area with fine gravel and got rid of any bushes the rest is tiled and its amazing how it reduced the snakes coming over the wall fence many of them were vipers I think , but there is a few that like to shed skin under the water pump cover and under washing machine..but it narrows the down danger areas down so the point is keep your yard clean and tidy , also the other nasties like centipedes (big buggers) the missus got some white powder that you sprinkle around bottom door cracks once every month and that keeps them out too...Also a big bonus is having good Thai soi dog as loyal family member and they eat anything we eat and all they need is little love in return , no special pedigree chum needed just annual injections etc and they are exceptionally good at keeping all intruders at bay whether snakes or otherwise..Hope this helps :)
Is the white powder Chaindrite? I've bought it from HomePro and found it really good to kill the continually appearing ant nests at the edges of my lawn. Harmless to grass they tell me (seems to be so).
You can also buy cypermethrin in liquid form if you wish to apply it as a spray. Locally manufactured.
Attachments
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg (168.78 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Ant Powder

Post by 404cameljockey »

Always useful to have a choice of weapons, Bluesky!