Rip off laundry

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Rip off laundry

Post by Nereus »

I was going to let this go, but stuff them!

For several years I have been taking my laundry with me from Bangkok to Hua Hin every 2 or 3 months. I have been using the same place in Soi 6(actually just around the corner in Soi 4!) on the right hand side and before the Temple.

The woman that I assumed owns it knows me and is always friendly and helpful. Last time there was a different girl there but no problem. This time an obese sour ***** ???? thing waddles out and I got the impression that she didn't really want to do my laundry.

It is nearly always the same load, a double bed set, a couple of shirts, shorts, long trousers and bath towels. The price is always around 350 Baht and always a good job. I always take wire coat hangers for the shirts, as I did this time.

When I picked it up yesterday morning everything was packed up in 2 plastic bags, including the shirts and long trousers, but no hangers and NO check bin, refused to give me one in fact despite repeated requests, and then:
640 Baht!

In a hurry to get going I paid it and off I went. When I unpacked it in Bangkok I find that what was a white sheet with a floral pattern on it, is now a pink sheet with what is left of the pattern! All of this stuff has been washed previously, so who knows what it was put in with?

Why oh why do these people do crap like this? Not only has she lost a customer, but now her attitude is made available to others. I do not do "social media", or I would post it there also. :cuss:

Rant over!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Re: Rip off laundry

Post by Big Boy »

Live for today, don't worry about tomorrow.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

My rule of thumb. When a person with a sour attitude is the one dealing with customers, walk away.

Doesn't matter if its Thailand or any other country.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Nereus wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:38 am When I picked it up yesterday morning everything was packed up in 2 plastic bags, including the shirts and long trousers, but no hangers and NO check bin, refused to give me one in fact despite repeated requests, and then:
640 Baht!

In a hurry to get going I paid it and off I went. When I unpacked it in Bangkok I find that what was a white sheet with a floral pattern on it, is now a pink sheet with what is left of the pattern! All of this stuff has been washed previously, so who knows what it was put in with?

Why oh why do these people do crap like this? Not only has she lost a customer, but now her attitude is made available to others. I do not do "social media", or I would post it there also. :cuss:
Well I'm guessing the logic behind it was that as she knew she's ruined your laundry you'd never be coming back anyway, so she might as well try and stitch you up on the price to go with it.