Exercise

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Exercise
I'm going to have to start moderating if these swear words start getting frequent.

:thumb:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

The Hash groups sound good to me. I would dispense with the cycling and go straight to the Hash. Cycling is dangerous and can cause serious health problems later in life. Can you name one single world class cyclist from the 1950s that is still alive today.

Hash smoking is not really great excercise but keeps the fingers supple and makes a good warm up session for the drinking workout that will follow.

Then the real excercise starts. That is the liifting of the glass. This exercise has many benefits. When you can master the art of using both arms to raise the pint the physical benefits can become quite substantial. Furthermore after the thrid or fourth glass you will find that you can talk much louder and therefore execise the muscles in the Larynx and further on into the lungs themselves.

After eight or nine and you become too smashed to find your car you can round off the days exercise by walking home. The more you have had the further the journey home will be. Other benefits to this form of exercise is that you will temporarily become as tough as Mike Tyson and the opposite sex will become more attractive.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
pinksquid

Post by pinksquid »

buksida wrote:
Exercise
I'm going to have to start moderating if these swear words start getting frequent.

:thumb:
It is a rather dirty word isn't it? :mrgreen:
As of mid August I am on vacation via traveling around the globe and I am not returning until the end of November (I have no Internet access until I return). Have fun!
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Dirty or not - still worth doing :thumb:

Anyway - on this morning's little jaunt on the old bike there was a massive chorus of frog song - on account of all the wet stuff that's been around in the last few days.
Thaiclan
Amateur
Amateur

Exercise

Post by Thaiclan »

Have you tried skipping? Its great and SERIOUSLY tough. Cheap too. Start off by doing 1 min, and increase each day by 15 secs or so (depending on fitness). Its amazing how quickly you'll increase your stamina.
You can make a set by hopping on 1 leg, using 2 legs, running skip and standing skip. Build up to 3- 5 sets each set lasting between 30 to 90 seconds. You'll burn so many calories, as well as toning the ever important (and spreading) lower body!