Hua Hin friendly for Young Thai woman?

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
afterdarkimhandsome
Amateur
Amateur

Hua Hin friendly for Young Thai woman?

Post by afterdarkimhandsome »

First off (Sorry-Im a bloke)
My girlfriend and I are both nervous about moving round to Hua Hin. Both for different reasons. She is nervous because she is shy and wont know anyone. She is also very scared of everything (Ghosts, snakes etc etc)

I am nervous because she is shy and i go away to work for 4 weeks at a time and dont want her stressing or lonely to much. She needs friends and things to do (Except sleep)

Is Hua Hin an easy going kind of place where friends can be made easily. She will not be bothered if her friends are Thai or Farang only that they are jai dee. I would like her to meet another Thai woman in similar circumstances to herself so she can have a buddy to talk things over with.

sorry to go on - but if i didnt care, i wouldnt love her

Darren
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I'm sure she'll have no problems finding friends here. Most Thais are very easygoing and will make friends quickly, although not many friendships seem to be long lasting. As the Thais say: "Phuen kin haa ngai, phuen taai haa yaak" or it's easy to find a friend to eat with but difficult to find a friend who'll die with you.
afterdarkimhandsome
Amateur
Amateur

Cheers,

she does make friends easy as she is very sweet soft spoken girl (Lady i should say). I just worry you know? I dont care about myself people tell me i could make friends in an empty room, but I have more than myself to worry about.

She has had her fingers burnt in the past by some close friends so she is really sceptical about making friends. Would help me as wel if she met another thai lady who was in a LOVING long term relationship with a Farang guy. She is very sceptical and has bad opinion on farang gentlemen and them being faithful. I have her convinced on me, but as we have been living in Pattaya she isnt to impressed by some of my homeland bretheren.

sorry gone of the point a bit
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

In would not worry as while you are away half the extended family will be moving in.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Can't help you with the Thai lady with (genuinely nice) farang gentleman scenario, but I know there are many Thai ladies in HH in that situation. If , however, you come up short on that & she'd like to meet up with a farang woman who had (he died, not a break-up) a Thai gentleman & has a Thai son, get her to pm me.
Whatever, she'll love it here. It's a good place. :)
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
afterdarkimhandsome
Amateur
Amateur

DawnHHDRC wrote:Can't help you with the Thai lady with (genuinely nice) farang gentleman scenario, but I know there are many Thai ladies in HH in that situation. If , however, you come up short on that & she'd like to meet up with a farang woman who had (he died, not a break-up) a Thai gentleman & has a Thai son, get her to pm me.
Whatever, she'll love it here. It's a good place. :)
Dawn thanks very much, you have me convinced. I arrive in Hau Hin tomorrow for a 2 week look around before we decide to move there in October. Maybe i will be lucky and she will enjoy it. I would like to live in hua Hin. Dawn i hope i dont over step any marks here but i had read on some previous post's of yours about your relationship on another thread. I cant find the words to express heartfelt sincere feelings about that :( . I wish you the best. Thank you - you have helped me already :thumb:
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Hope you both have a good time here & find it's where you want to be. :D
Thanks for the good wishes, I appreciate it.
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
SuperTonic
Suspended
Suspended

Post by SuperTonic »

She'll be just fine. My girlfriend was in HH with me and got on like a house on fire with the locals when we came over. Thais are a friendly bunch all in all :)