Speaking technical Thai

Thai language section, ask your language questions here.
TomTom55

Speaking technical Thai

Post by TomTom55 »

Aloha people of Hua Hin. I have been in Thailand for around 3 years now only leaving to Malaysia once and Burma twice. I have managed to learn Thai to the point where I can speak in Thai with locals and have general conversations, joke and often get a surprised 'khun phit Thai Geng ka' However, I can hardly read or write but that is not really what this thread is about.

I cannot really discuss something really precise and in a technical fashion, for example nuclear physics or mechanics. This came to mind today as I wanted to go to a shop with my motorbike and ask if they could maybe tune the suspension to as perfect as it can be, change two tyres, ask about dimming of a battery and maybe a new seat cover. Now i could get by with a couple of these queries, but others I won't be able to at all.

How well can you speak Thai and could anybody help me with those things I explained that I would not be able to do?
GOBBY
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Speaking technical Thai

Post by GOBBY »

I find it hard to find any person who knows more then normal grade school Thai. Be it bkk or where ever. I just don't think the majority knows about the things you are asking . Or if they do they might have simples words for them . Like" hot tube with air come out . At end of bike )

Good luck with finding your answer cause I don't know them . I'm fluent in Thai . But just not the super big words .
GOBBY
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Speaking technical Thai

Post by GOBBY »

Btw . What island u from? I'm on Kauai . Lol