Private Thai Language Lessons

Thai language section, ask your language questions here.
mikosan
Rookie
Rookie

Private Thai Language Lessons

Post by mikosan »

I live permanently in Hua Hin and am interested in learning Thia, on a one to one basis. A language school does not offer me the flexibility I need with times, so I'm thinking that private lessons would be more convenient. Any suggestions for where I can find a private tutor and what I might expect to pay?
blue05
Guru
Guru

Re: Private Thai Language Lessons

Post by blue05 »

a friend of mone uses one lady who is rated as good as it gets, she has taught a number of friends f mine whose Thai is nw very very good

I believe she is around 500bt an hour, if you would like her number just PM me
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

just realised you cannot send PMS , not sure if you can recieve either, have a go around the forum tonight and get past the 15 required then you should be ok
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

^^ 15 post i thought it was 10 post ?

:cheers: :cheers:
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

blue05 wrote:a friend of mone uses one lady who is rated as good as it gets, she has taught a number of friends f mine whose Thai is nw very very good

There is a private Thai teacher who teaches the girls English and the boys Thai. I believe his name is Jim and he lives in the Soi 80 parallel soi (also named Soi 80). I don't remember his house number, but go to the soi and ask for Jim, the teacher.
:thumb:
A friend is only one click away
Pacman
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pacman »

mikosan wrote:I live permanently in Hua Hin and am interested in learning Thia, on a one to one basis. A language school does not offer me the flexibility I need with times, so I'm thinking that private lessons would be more convenient. Any suggestions for where I can find a private tutor and what I might expect to pay?
Hi mikosan, What is your nationality? 'm probably can help you with this as I'm Thai, and spoken both Thai and English. I guess if you would like to learn Thai just to communicate with the local people, I think we can make friend and exchange your language with my Thai. (No cost!!) Is that deal?

I love to have lots of foreigner friend if you don't mind.

Cheers!! :cheers: :cheers:
mikosan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mikosan »

blue05 wrote:a friend of mone uses one lady who is rated as good as it gets, she has taught a number of friends f mine whose Thai is nw very very good

Thanks for that Guru, I will try to achieve the required number of posts asap and then PM you.
mikosan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mikosan »

Lung Per wrote:

There is a private Thai teacher who teaches the girls English and the boys Thai. I believe his name is Jim and he lives in the Soi 80 parallel soi (also named Soi 80). I don't remember his house number, but go to the soi and ask for Jim, the teacher.
:thumb:
Thanks Ace, I believe I actually know Jim, he also runs the Gulf of Thailand Bar in Soi 80. I didn't realise he taught Thai though, but I recall someone mentioning that he taught English to Thai's. I'll speak to him next time I'm passing.
mikosan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mikosan »

Pacman wrote:
mikosan wrote:I live permanently in Hua Hin and am interested in learning Thia, on a one to one basis. A language school does not offer me the flexibility I need with times, so I'm thinking that private lessons would be more convenient. Any suggestions for where I can find a private tutor and what I might expect to pay?
Hi mikosan, What is your nationality? 'm probably can help you with this as I'm Thai, and spoken both Thai and English. I guess if you would like to learn Thai just to communicate with the local people, I think we can make friend and exchange your language with my Thai. (No cost!!) Is that deal?

I love to have lots of foreigner friend if you don't mind.

Cheers!! :cheers: :cheers:
I'm English/Australian and always happy to make new friends Pacman.
DanH
Novice
Novice

Post by DanH »

Hi,
I've recently moved to Hua Hin and am looking to learn Thai,any info on how would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Get in touch with these guys, they can provide everything you need http://www.huahinmedia.com/learningcentre.php . In less than 2 years my son can speak, read and write Thai - I've been extremely impressed with his progress.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Elaine
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elaine »

Just a friendly warning...
I know of 3 farangs offering private lessons who were deported this year for working without a Work Permit.
Don't forget that there are Thais who read this and other forums.... also some jealous farangs.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

yes Elaine, iv heard this as well.
why not just get a work permit?! or are they hard to get??... I don't know as iv never applied for one.
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

You can't just get a work permit to do freelance teaching - well you can't get a work permit to do freelance anything.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Pleng wrote:You can't just get a work permit to do freelance teaching - well you can't get a work permit to do freelance anything.
This information is 100% accurate.

Even if you have a work permit from a school (where you obviously work full/part time), it doesn't cover private teaching outside. Though quite rare, you can get yourself into a pickle if you're caught teaching without the right paperwork. For the money you make teaching privately in Hua Hin, it really isn't worth the fuss.
I know of 3 farangs offering private lessons who were deported this year for working without a Work Permit
This surprises me. You know of 3 westerners that have been deported this year alone! I've been here ten years and never known of 1. What kind of people do you mix with Elaine? :wink:

:cheers: