San Paolo Hospital Hua Hin - Warning

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Big Boy

Re: San Paolo Hospital Hua Hin - Warning

Post by Big Boy »

Interesting booboo. Do you find pills from Hua Hin Hospital over expensive as well?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:Interesting booboo. Do you find pills from Hua Hin Hospital over expensive as well?
I use my local Cha Am hospital for minor ailments - last Friday I needed a replenishment of Allopurinol - 60 tablets, a course of antibiotics 12 tablets, 10 throat lozenges, 12 sachets of powdered granules to ease mucous - total cost for everything, 105 baht, absolutely amazing value.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Pagey wrote:
HHTel wrote:Yes, San Paulo can change dressings perfectly but more than 5 times the cost of the Red Cross. When it comes to diagnosis, they struggle. Hua Hin Hospital is still the best option here. Bangkok Hospital, expensive as it is, have been guilty of some serious misdiagnoses. One particular case, the subject almost died until a second opinion was sought.
Are you sure that's not the other way round Tel ? I know you know the lady I am thinking of and it was Bkk hospital that saved her life after HH hospital messed up.
I had to check first. I stand corrected. Pagey you are correct and I had it the wrong way around. On this occasion I appologise to Bangkok Hospital.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That surprises me HHTel. Between us my wife and I have been mis-diagnosed several times by Bangkok Hospital. As for their drugs etc, as well as being outrageously expensive, I was once given vaginal cream as opposed to anti-biotic cream. Fortunately, before I take/administer any medication here, I check it out on the Internet first.

So when
GLCQuantum wrote:"I would never set foot in the place now, unless it was to ask the time, even then, I would ask for a second opinion".

I knew a guy who was given pills relating to female pregnancy to take. :shock:
it is not unique to San Paolo.

As far as I'm concerned, Hua Hin Hospital is the most genuine hospital in Hua Hin. If they can't do it, I'd opt for Petcharat in Petchaburi.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I agree BB. I've heard many horror stories regarding SP and BH. On the one occasion I mentioned above, I was wrong. BUT that was ONE occasion.