Snake Bite

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

Tried looking in at the Bangkok Red Cross snake "milking" site. They were as useful as a hat full of -rse holes! Amazing that there is not a GOOD pictorial chart available.
God knows what anti venom they give you if one should happen to sink its' fangs into you as the Thais seem to know as much about snakes as I do about Transcendental Meditation and please pass me a postage stamp!
:run:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Now you have me thinking again Joe. Mine was immature and yours older. The head shape in your pic says viper to me and not rat snake. If indeed a viper it explains why mine was so aggressive rather than running. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

sargeant wrote:Before kiling a snake you should shout out as loudly as you possibly can

one plus two

if the snake shouts three its an adder :oops: :oops: :oops:
:lach: That one did actually make me chuckle. Sarge, of all people on here you must have access to some military issued guidebooks or old mates who've had jungle training and can ID snakes. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

prcscct wrote:If indeed a viper it explains why mine was so aggressive rather than running. Pete
It may have just been confused and in a state of panic, seems like it just lost it's head for a moment 8)

SJ
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

Pete wrote
military issued guidebooks
Actually under the heading snake encounters it uses a word that cannot be found anywhere else in the military encyclopedia

RETREAT

Translated to Sargeant speak Take steps

Big bluddy steps in REVERSE
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

prcscct wrote:Now you have me thinking again Joe. Mine was immature and yours older. The head shape in your pic says viper to me and not rat snake. If indeed a viper it explains why mine was so aggressive rather than running. Pete :cheers:
It may be a "Mock Viper". A bit difficult to tell from any photo, and the head may have been damaged when he "lost it"!

Did it have a stripe along its back?

http://www.ecologyasia.com/verts/snakes ... -viper.htm
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Sarge, of all people on here you must have access to some military issued guidebooks or old mates who've had jungle training and can ID snakes. Pete
Don't know about Thailand, but I bet Sarge can identify every snake indigenous to the Falkland Islands. :D
Before kiling a snake you should shout out as loudly as you possibly can

one plus two

if the snake shouts three its an adder
Additionally, if you shout

Who shot J.R.?

If the snake answers "Kristin" it's a rat snake! :shock:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Maybe Sarge perhaps know the only snake on the Falklands, namely Snake Hill?
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

HHF i need a teachme so i can show you my snake catching it use normal coded cyphered link (ie email) and tell me how to put pictures/photos on this forum

p.s. are you coming over on the 12th pete to meet up with my US...A therrapists :D :D :D
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Pete,

Watch this video clip, then go and take a look under your bed ... :twisted:

SJ
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Super Joe wrote:Pete,

Watch this video clip, then go and take a look under your bed ... :twisted:

SJ
:lach: Yes, mine kept moving yesterday, both head and body, for about 3 minutes. The body actually slithered off that concrete slab in the photo and onto the grass. It's just nerve reactions (like what happens when you cut a chicken's head off), but any fangs can still excrete venom long after death so caution! Pete :cheers:
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

SJ, yours is definitely a nasty!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

From another source I've found that our chopped snakes in this thread are Banded Kukri Snake (Oligodon fasciolatus). If correct, they are non-venomous but can give a nasty bite. Here is a web page in Thai and to me some photos look like it and some do not. Pete :cheers:

http://www.siamensis.org/oldboard/5386.html
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

Anyone know the name of this and its not Erick. there was going to be a pic here aswell
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

nevets wrote:Anyone know the name of this and its not Erick. there was going to be a pic here aswell
Once you CHOOSE the photo from your file Nevets, hit the SEND button and wait, Sometimes it can be a few minutes depending upon the size of the photo. You will then see the photo appear in the box. Then hit STANDARD at the bottom and the link will appear in your post. Pete :cheers: