Prescription drug prices and tactics.

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Prescription drug prices and tactics.

Post by Homer »

In early April I had a short stay at Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok. Doc told me to take a drug for 30 days, made an appointment for 30 days later and told me at that time he'd most likely reduce the dosage by half for another 30 days. The cashier tells me what I owe. After a few seconds of disbelief I ask for details. The drug is 97B each and a 45 day supply. I tell them I'll take a week's worth, then if there are no side effects I'll buy more at the HH hospital branch. Pharmacy on the night market street charges 79B each for the pills, so I buy them there.

Did the 30 day return with my internal medicine doc at Bangkok Hospital HH. She said continue the same dosage, I said I'll keep buying them at the pharmacy, thank you very much. Cashier tells me my bill and I ask for details. It took a few minutes, but walked out without pills and just paid for the office visit and nursing services. That's a good thing because the price was 126B per pill.

I wonder how much they are at San Paulo, but not enough to go find out.
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Prescription drug prices and tactics.

Post by sandman67 »

Im housebound with tennis elbow in my shoulder at the mo....yeah I know you go figure....maybe its all the :rasta: and my body cant tell my ass from my elbow....

Anyways

I had the same thing at the end of last year and got my Celebrex and Norgesic from Sao Paolo pharmacy after seeing the doc. Today Mrs S went to a local pharmacy with the old zip lock labelled bags from that prescription and got a refill for half the price. So it seems hospital pharmacies are not value for money, which isnt a big surprise.

Incidentally, for fellow carpal tunnel sufferers a rattlin combo of Celebrex Norgesic and Vitamin B tabs work a treat.

:cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

It is no secret that hospital pharmacies charge outrageous prices...

Ask for a price from here...

South East Pharmacy
207-9 Soi 15 Sukhumvit Road, BKK 10110
Phone: 02 252 8241 / 02 250 651 Fax: 02 250 0713
There is no website..

In Sukhumvit almost on the corner of Soi 15. Manhattan Hotal is just around the corner in Soi 15.

Guy to talk to is Ying.. Speak good English
They do mail order and service a number of customers in Hua Hin.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ Absolutely, they have the cheapest prices in the Kingdom for any prescription drug, and generally 40% less than you can find at any pharmacy in Hua Hin (I started a thread about it on here when I discovered it: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16009). Sure, you can't run to Bangkok for every illness, but if you are on long term meds for a chronic illness it will save you a lot of money to get them from South East. I haven't tried the mail order as we go up there about every three months anyway so I just go in and get a three or four month supply in person each time.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

bapak wrote:It is no secret that hospital pharmacies charge outrageous prices...
That's common knowledge. Is the price differential between HH and BKK as expected? Are the sales tactics I described commonplace?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Anybody using FLOMAX for prossy problem.How much are you paying