Dengue fever in Hua Hin?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Dengue fever in Hua Hin?

Post by HHTel »

Average of five cases a year since 2012. One case confirmed this year.

Yes, it is here already.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Maybe I am being over cautious but I have totally given up on wearing short trousers in the early mornings and evenings, around my home, long trousers/jeans have become the norm.

My Thai wife is even more paranoid than normal and appears to be spraying inside our home 24/7 and if we are sat outside she has these smelly snail coils burning constantly under my feet (bless her). She has drained every drop of standing water from the garden and our best "pest" control company are becoming lodgers as she asks them to "fog" the garden twice each month.

I'm not sure about the mosquitoes but I'm ready to throw in the towel and surrender to her! :D
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

If a traveller becomes infected and goes back toa Northern ciuntry there is nota problem as thereare no AEGYPTI mosquitoes there to bite him/her and then bite somebody else but here in Thai where we have the aegypti it will be spread.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Sorry--i'm thinking about ZIKA in the previous post