Latest STD's

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

I can tell you with almost 100% accuracy that there are bar girls operating in Hua Hin who have AIDS and will have unprotected intercourse with an unsuspecting gent.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Most of these posts were quite accurate & helpful. However, I think lfc3acmilan3's views should be taken as just that, his personal views. Antibiotics will not "blitz" STD's. Some antibiotics will treat some STDs, but without diagnosis & a doctor's advice, you are unlikely to know which antibiotics will combat which disease.
HIV is not an invention of the Government (of any country), nor do they engage in scare tactics about it. In fact, in my opinion, most governments don't get the message across enough. Nobody has mentioned Hepatitis, which is aso prevalent across Asia & can also kill. Hepatitis B & C can be sexually transmitted (B more than C, C is more from blood) The virus is more hardy than the HIV virus & can survive outside the body longer.
I agree with previous comments that abstinence is the only 100% safe way to go, but as that's unlikely, always wear a condom. The one thing I do agree with lfc3acmilan3 on, is that if a partner who you have known for a short time (ie new partner, BG, ladyboy, whatever) agrees or suggests you can have unprotected sex, run a mile!
Sorry, Dr Dave, didn't mean to add to your comments, you being a Dr & all, but a long time ago I was a nurse! :)
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

DawnHHDRC wrote: if a partner who you have known for a short time (ie new partner, BG, ladyboy, whatever) agrees or suggests you can have unprotected sex, run a mile!
I think you are being a tad harsh on Bamboo Grove there, Dawn! :D
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Here is tha best map I have seen that indicates the areas where HIV/AIDS is most pevelant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:HIV_Epidem.png
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
tbuzzi
Banned
Banned

Post by tbuzzi »

I think it is really weird that there is a thread about Standard Telephone Dialing codes ? !