Indigestion

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Indigestion

Post by zeitgeist »

Are carbonated drinks good or bad for indigestion? I've looked on the internet but 1 site contradicts another.
My Dad also said to drink lemonade to ease it.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Indigestion

Post by Takiap »

Drink a glass of milk, or just sip on some milk as and when needed.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

I got really sick in BKK after drinking milk bought from a Big C. Won't go near it now. Thx for the help though.
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

Zeitgeist

Go to any pharmacy and buy Zantac 75 or 50 depending on what they have.....

2 tablets will sort you out fast.....
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Or try 'Gaviscon'
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

Terry wrote:Or try 'Gaviscon'
Terry

I found Gaviscon to be as much use as T!ts on a F!sh...... :roll: :roll: ..... Just my personal opinion......

Zantac... I find are great.... For me anyway.....

Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

zeitgeist wrote:I got really sick in BKK after drinking milk bought from a Big C. Won't go near it now. Thx for the help though.
Milk also works for me, sipped slowly and then remaining upright, sitting or standing until it takes effect
Sorry for your bad reaction to milk. :cheers:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

sand_dancer wrote:
Terry wrote:Or try 'Gaviscon'
Terry

I found Gaviscon to be as much use as T!ts on a F!sh...... :roll: :roll: ..... Just my personal opinion......

Zantac... I find are great.... For me anyway.....

Each to his own I guess

Anyway - if you've got fish with T!ts - I'm interested........ :wink:
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

Anyway - if you've got fish with T!ts - I'm interested........ :wink:
That would have them lined up at the gates :D :D

Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

I occasionally get indigestion after eating, and it's actually a build up of gas. It's damned painful, but a spoonful of bicarbonate of soda in a small glass of water works wonders. After a lot of rather loud burps, I feel much better. I sometimes follow it up with a teaspoon of turmeric powder in water (don't spill it on your shirt!) as a kind of soother. It doesn't taste that great, but you can wash it down with some beer... :wink:

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Vital Spark wrote:but you can wash it down with some beer... :wink: VS
Probably not the best cure for indigestion but at least you'll feel happier about the discomfort :cheers:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

My missus turned me on to this stuff. It costs nothing and can be had at any supermarket, most mom and pop shops and some 7/11s. It works well for any stomach pain or problem.

This photo is the Thai front of the bottle but on the side in English it is called "Flying Rabbit" and claims it cures diarrhea, flatulence, upset stomach, and abdominal pain. I've found it to be effective.

My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

Thanks for all the tips & suggestions. Have been suffering with quite bad indigestion every night for last week or so. Again, thanks for the help.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

When I have indigestion I find that eating something very spicy helps. Sometimes I just chew on a chili pepper.

My wife swears by Omeprazole. It's available under many brand names. I think the cheapest is Miracid.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Vital Spark wrote:I sometimes follow it up with a teaspoon of turmeric powder in water (don't spill it on your shirt!) as a kind of soother. It doesn't taste that great, but you can wash it down with some beer...
I'm a turmeric fan. You might like to try 'Turmeric Golden Milk', which is easy to drink. Not just for indigestion but for its other therapeutic actions, such as insomnia, arthritis and colon cancer prevention.

Here's the recipe.

Milk - Cow's, goat or almond. I use cows milk and sometimes almond made from almond powder. It's a good source of essential minerals (I have lots if anyone wants some).
Turmeric powdered (Lots of places sell it. Makro)
Honey to sweeten (raw forest honey is best)

Turmeric recipe

Take 1/4 cup turmeric powder, mix with 1/2 cup pure water and simmer over medium-high heat for at least 7 minutes, stirring constantly. You will notice a thick paste form. If it gets too dry while cooking you can add additional water. Once cooled, put into a glass jar and put in fridge. This is good for up to one month.

Golden Milk:

Add 1 tsp of the above to 1 cup. hot milk (cow, goat, soy, rice, almond, or any combination), maple syrup or honey to taste and 1/2 tsp. of almond or sesame oil. Gently heat and stir.

I mix Mace powder with the turmeric to support the adrenals (from Makro) and also add 1oz of cold-pressed coconut oil instead of the other oils. All these oils are good.

It's a great bedtime drink. I sleep like a baby. :thumb: