Thai national health insurance for foreigners

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Thai national health insurance for foreigners

Post by hhinner »

This whole thread is about this. Back in October last year Hua Hin Hospital had no idea about this farang insurance. It's very interesting if they do now. Someone (else) should go along and ask. :)

Sent from my N101 DUAL CORE2 V11 using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If nobody does it, my wife has to go there for an appointment later this month. I'll print the link and see what they say.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Page 2 of this PDF refers to khon dtarng dao and specifies Lao, Burmese and Cambodians. Still it will be interesting if Hua Hin Hospital has a different take now. BB you might also ask your wife to check out what I wrote in earlier posting about farangs who are included on a tabien baan (blue or yellow). Cheers.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote:If nobody does it, my wife has to go there for an appointment later this month. I'll print the link and see what they say.
I've just been down to Hua Hin Hospital with Mrs BB to ask the question. I am only reporting what I was told, and can't vouch for the accuracy i.e. TIT and you can ask 6 people and get 6 different answers. The following is a short version of what I was told:

- The scheme was available for expats who could prove that they had lived in Thailand 15 years or longer.

- The scheme has now closed to new applicants.

While I was there, I registered to use the hospital. I've been very impressed with the facilities there, and combined with the 200 Baht expat fast stream service, I will have no problem trusting them with my healthcare.

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Not the same story I got back in October. Oh well TIT as you say. Maybe worth reiterating that the express service can be used by anyone, not just expats, but not in conjunction with the 30 baht scheme.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

[quote="hhinner"not in conjunction with the 30 baht scheme.[/quote]
Tell me about it - 7 hrs with Mrs BB yesterday :banghead:

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

There's also express service for people over 70. Something to look forward to. :)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote:Not the same story I got back in October. Oh well TIT as you say.
The fact that we were both told different things could of course be correct. What I presented them with was the 18 page print out from richard's link. I don't think the link was available when you asked, so maybe there have been/are other similar schemes.

Certainly, when quizzed yesterday, there didn't seem to be anything else on the table. However, I've seen the cost of treatment at Hua Hin Hospital, and it should be manageable for any expat on a retirement visa

Points 48; Position 20