rabies jabs

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
t1ggyw1ggy10

rabies jabs

Post by t1ggyw1ggy10 »

Hi all

ive just been told by my doctor in the uk that ive left it too late to have my rabies jabs .Can anyone tell me if they have recently had the jabs in hua hin and thus where to go and how much they cost.

Cheers
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Re: rabies jabs

Post by Vital Spark »

Don't worry about it, T. When we came to live out here 16 years ago, we didn't bother with them. Yes, rabies does exist here, but I've yet to come across a rabid dog. Keep your distance from the stray dogs, and watch out for the monkeys. If you get bitten by either, go immediately to a hospital where they'll give you the relevant jabs.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
t1ggyw1ggy10

Post by t1ggyw1ggy10 »

Thanks for the advice vital spark
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

VS is right. All the jabs do is give you an extra couple of hours to get to the hospital if you're bitten.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

My understanding is that the "after bite" jabs are not into the stomach any longer, but in the arm or leg. Said to be much less painful. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

prcscct wrote:My understanding is that the "after bite" jabs are not into the stomach any longer, but in the arm or leg. Said to be much less painful. Pete :cheers:
:agree:
My understanding is that modern rabies treatment is usually a series of 5 shots, spaced out over time. After the initial shot given at the bite site, most adults will be given the rest of the shots intermuscular in the shoulder muscle, children may receive them in the thigh.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain