INR blood test in Hua Hin

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Gus
Guru
Guru

INR blood test in Hua Hin

Post by Gus »

In December 2012 whilst in Hua Hin my leg flared up and after 12 visits for treatment to Bangkok hospital I was put on Warfarin for DVT.

I have been on warfarin in the UK ever since because I had some atrial fibrillation as well although my DVT has now cleared.
I came to Hua Hin for a month in November/December 2013 with no problems at all although my INR was a little high on my return to the UK.

Is it possible to have an INR test or two in Hua Hin when I return shortly, I don't want the expense of having a full blown blood test, just the small nick in my finger and put a tiny blood sample on the test strip.

With the change in diet and drinking I would like to keep a closer eye on my INR readings this time around.
TIA
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: INR blood test in Hua Hin

Post by NOKYAI »

I know they are not cheap but when my old man was on warfarin I got him his own meter I think about 400 GBP, but make sure you get the one that your gp can prescribe the strips for as they are quite pricey too.

If it looks like you might be on it for some time it might be worth investing in one. I got 80 % of the cost back when I sold it on eBay later.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Riversider
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Riversider »

The clinic on Petchkasem Rd opposite a yellow sign with "W" on it will do it for you. You may have to make an appointment although ours was done after a short wait. They are only open in the evenings from 1700hrs. Results given next day. I think most doctor's clinics will do it and send the sample away for the results. Cost was about 300B I think but it was a lot cheaper than Bangkok hospital.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

Thanks guys, whereabouts roughly on Petchkasem are we talking Riversider.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Gus wrote:Thanks guys, whereabouts roughly on Petchkasem are we talking Riversider.
This place is a sponsor on here.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=21958&start=45
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Nereus wrote:
Gus wrote:Thanks guys, whereabouts roughly on Petchkasem are we talking Riversider.
This place is a sponsor on here.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=21958&start=45
I go to this place monthly for my INR test. Efficient, cheap and open most days. Need to go back for collection or they will either send to a doctor or e-mail you results
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.