Where's a good, large inventory pharmacy in Hua Hin?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
JimmyD
Amateur
Amateur

Where's a good, large inventory pharmacy in Hua Hin?

Post by JimmyD »

Yesterday I stopped by Watsons in MV to pick up some fish oil tabs and asked about 2 medications I take daily to control blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Got the impression they carry one but not the other (and suspect I'll have to buy dozens of little packets just to get a 2 month supply). Brought as much as I could order 'back home' but will be out in a month or so.

Since I recently moved here from the states, I'm looking for recommendations on a better place that has a wide variety of medications in stock on a regular basis. Noticed another discussion which mentioned a pharmacy on the main road near soi 51 that has good prices but not sure about selection or quantities. Personally, I'd prefer to stock up.

Thanks.
Big Boy

Re: Where's a good, large inventory pharmacy in Hua Hin?

Post by Big Boy »

Personally, I generally use the pharmacy in G Supermarket. I usually buy bulk quantities that they don't normally carry. I go in the morning to tell them what I want, and it's been ordered, delivered and ready for collection by 4pm same day.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

I use the pharmacy on Petchakasem just south of the entrance to soi 80. Seem to stock most things and will order if asked. Have heard though that they have a double pricing policy for farang vs Thai so ideally send a Thai in for your goods
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
JimmyD
Amateur
Amateur

Post by JimmyD »

Thanks guys... 2 good recommendations. Though I don't really yet know any Thais, hopefully that will change. Start my beginner Thai language class at TLC in about a week. Thanks again.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No dual pricing at G Supermarket, and reasonable prices as well. Just take the boxes your tabs came in from your home country. They will sort the rest. A word of warning though - always check the boxes they offer you. They will have different names here, but there will be reference on the packaging to your home country name.

Points 48; Position 20
JimmyD
Amateur
Amateur

Post by JimmyD »

Thanks for all the details Big Boy. There's a "G" 2 minutes walk from where I'm staying so that makes it very convenient as well.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Would never purchase from Watsons or any of the others in MV they are more focused on make up for ladies, best Pharmacy by far is the Chinese one on Phetkasem Road near to Engel and Volkers property
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

JimmyD wrote:Thanks for all the details Big Boy. There's a "G" 2 minutes walk from where I'm staying so that makes it very convenient as well.
Is there more than one "G" Supermarket ?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, but they all have a pharmacy supplied by the same place. The staff move between branches. The one I usually use is the one on the road connecting Soi 88 and 94.

Points 48; Position 20
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

There's 4 G markets that I know of, The big one just west of the tracks on Chomsin, the one Big Boy mentioned on Soi 88 extension, on Soi 94 in the new shopping mall on the corner of Phetkasem, and on the corner of Chomsin and Phetkasem.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?