Gout, Arthritis or something else?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Re: Gout, Arthritis or something else?

Post by uncle tom »

There writes someone who has never suffered from gout..

Gout attacks do not follow a clear path of cause and effect, and the factors that may or may not increase or decrease the risk of an attack owe us much to folklore as they do to fact.

What is a fact is that gout is massively debilitating to both body and soul. The onset of an attack forces a sharp reduction in physical activity whilst inciting a desire to resort to 'comfort' eating to distract one from the pain - yet one of the surest ways to pull out of an attack is to go into weight reduction - something that is very hard to achieve when you have been forced into inactivity by your affliction..

It's a truly horrid and insidious complaint..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

uncle tom wrote:There writes someone who has never suffered from gout..

Gout attacks do not follow a clear path of cause and effect, and the factors that may or may not increase or decrease the risk of an attack owe us much to folklore as they do to fact.

What is a fact is that gout is massively debilitating to both body and soul. The onset of an attack forces a sharp reduction in physical activity whilst inciting a desire to resort to 'comfort' eating to distract one from the pain - yet one of the surest ways to pull out of an attack is to go into weight reduction - something that is very hard to achieve when you have been forced into inactivity by your affliction..

It's a truly horrid and insidious complaint..
that's all true and still doesn't answer the question of why one would continue doing the things that cause suffering?
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

"
"What does not kill me, makes me stronger."- Nietzsche
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Which is an ironic quote as he probably died of mercury poisoning for treatment for his tertiary syphilis.....
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!