Fact or Fiction

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
songkurai
Amateur
Amateur

Fact or Fiction

Post by songkurai »

" Gross medical mistreatment in Hua Hin Thailand

I am a European citizen, and long time resident (hotelier) in Thailand. In December, 2002 I was in an accident driving North towards Cha-Am.. After the accident I lost consciousness, and was apparently taken to San Paolo Hospital in Hua Hin, a choice I have great course to regret.

On arrival my wounds were –as I would find out later- very poorly treated . I suffered several fractures, broken ribs, extensive lacerations both facial and bodily, including a broken leg, a fractured leg and dislocated hip. . . . "

Note:
Above in quotations and not written by me. The narative goes on further about treatment at this hospital.

The above story goes on and on. This story came up on doing a search of hospitals in Hua Hin.

Any truth to this story? Fact or Fiction?
Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
Robert Frost
Chas
Banned
Banned

Health care anywhere

Post by Chas »

I know that San Paolo has gotten some bad press from farang writers here, but my experiences there have been just great . .so far. You hear of horror stories at every hospital, the bigger they are the more you hear and that includes the US and UK.

I have not come through their emergency room unconscious, but with my gall bladder attack two years ago, it was a close thing. Dr Boriphan did the operation and did a great job. I got First class treatement the entire time I was there. ..and at a price at least a third less than in the US or UK. I came away ( less one gall bladder) very happy.

Now, I knew what I had and I make it a policy to get all the info I can before I talk to any doctor. I also think the quality of doctors there varies a lot. I am having my annual physical there in two weeks same thing a Bumrungrad but only half the price ( 6,500 bht compared to 14,500 bht)