Has anyone has an MRI Scan at a Hua Hin Hospital ?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Hitesh
Amateur
Amateur

Has anyone has an MRI Scan at a Hua Hin Hospital ?

Post by Hitesh »

Hello Folks,

I'm recovering from a knee operation I had back in Nov and am concerned that recovery has been VERY slow - an MRI scan may reveal the problem.

Does anyone have experience of an MRI scan performed in Hua Hin ?

Kind Regards, Hitesh
092 451 1365
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: Has anyone has an MRI Scan at a Hua Hin Hospital ?

Post by Henry 14th »

I had one on my lower back at Bangkok Hospital.

Along with the doctors consultation I payed something in the region of 10k bht.

Not sure if the price differs for different body part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hitesh
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Hitesh »

Thanks !
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Hua Hin General also has an MRI facility and it will surely be way cheaper than BKK Hospital. Just pay the 200 baht fast-track charge to avoid any waiting...
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Hua Hin Hospital quoted me 8000 for an MRI scan on my shoulder
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

I had a full spine MRI there last year (Spinal Stenosis). Cost I believe Baht 2,000.
Showed it to my Neuro Surgeon in Sydney and he was amazed by the excellent quality of the written report (English).
booboo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by booboo »

Hitesh wrote:Hello Folks,

I'm recovering from a knee operation I had back in Nov and am concerned that recovery has been VERY slow - an MRI scan may reveal the problem.

Kind Regards, Hitesh
092 451 1365
I had an MRI scan at Hua Hin hospital recently, it was for my neck and top of my spine, it cost 9,000 bht, took 40 mins and was the worst expeirience of my life, I would rather die than have another one, I've had X-Rays and a CT scan before and it was no problem,so I was'nt concerned about this one, I suffer with tinnitus in my ears( buzzing ) but it had dropped down to a reasonable level over the last2 years, since the MRI it has been off the scale, the noise inside that machine is horrific, it felt like a 100 electric drills were being drilled into my head at the same time, I really thought my head wold explode, I think it must be an old machine, I can't believe the one at Bangkok Hospital is as bad, it may cost more, but it's worth it, it still gives me nightmares thinking about it.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

booboo wrote:

Kind Regards, Hitesh
092 451 1365
I had an MRI scan at Hua Hin hospital recently, it was for my neck and top of my spine, it cost 9,000 bht, took 40 mins and was the worst expeirience of my life, I would rather die than have another one, I've had X-Rays and a CT scan before and it was no problem,so I was'nt concerned about this one, I suffer with tinnitus in my ears( buzzing ) but it had dropped down to a reasonable level over the last2 years, since the MRI it has been off the scale, the noise inside that machine is horrific, it felt like a 100 electric drills were being drilled into my head at the same time, I really thought my head wold explode, I think it must be an old machine, I can't believe the one at Bangkok Hospital is as bad, it may cost more, but it's worth it, it still gives me nightmares thinking about it.
Sorry to hear! But I know from the MRI's I have had they are all very noisy so maybe not a factor of the hospital??
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Yes indeed, surely they gave you some ear plugs to damped the noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

bapak wrote:I had a full spine MRI there last year (Spinal Stenosis). Cost I believe Baht 2,000.
Showed it to my Neuro Surgeon in Sydney and he was amazed by the excellent quality of the written report (English).
My mistake.... Cost was Bht 8,000.

The machine was the very latest. Especially purchased for possible Royal use.
barry720

Post by barry720 »

Could you just go in and ask for an MRI or did a doctor have to order it? I'm thinking about getting a full body scan like they do in the USA.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've not had a MRI, but my experience in Thai hospitals, and I've suffered a few now, is that you see a doctor, tell him or her what you want/need, and they will book you in.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Hitesh
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Hitesh »

Thanks All - Your advice has been very helpful ! (though the sound of 100 drills is a little scary! )

Kind Regards, Hitesh
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

booboo wrote:

Kind Regards, Hitesh
092 451 1365
I agree - that doesn't seem right at all. I had an MRI scan in the UK a year ago. Strangely enough a routine procedure here now when tinnitus is diagnosed - just to make sure there is no other underlying problem.
It took about 15 minutes. The noise inside the tunnel was in intermitant short bursts of a few seconds each time. The radiographer speaks to the patient via earphones and says when the noise is going to start again, and really the noise wasn't off the scale at all. It didn't worsen my tinnitus (which would have defeated the object anyway.)
Seems like it was an old machine as you say.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Abbynormal
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Abbynormal »

It is not an old machine. It was install on the 22nd of May 2013.