Underarm lump worry

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Underarm lump worry

Post by usual suspect »

Advice needed please.
A month ago I discovered a pea size lump in my right armpit..? I put it down to an infection, & blamed dodgy shower-water at the less-than-perfect resort we'd been staying at.
Now however that bump has just about gone..BUT..there's another appeared under my left arm now.
After a quick look on Google I've now found out all about swollen lymph nodes & their link to cancer.. :(

My question here is where to go in H.H. that can check my problem..?
Somewhere that has somebody who knows what they're doing..not some clinic-quack who will just say "yes,yes I know all about this".
Maybe some forum members have indeed had the same problem themselves..?
Many thanks in advance...
... :cheers:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Underarm lump worry

Post by Takiap »

If it is really bothering you then I would suggest going to Hua-Hin Hospital. With that having been said, if the first bump vanished, why not wait a bit to see if this one does the same thing. Also, I might be wrong but I'm sure a swollen lymph node would feel larger than a pea, and would likely be a bit painful.

Good luck and don't let Google cause you too much concern. :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

usual suspect wrote: After a quick look on Google I've now found out all about swollen lymph nodes & their link to cancer.. :(
The wonders of the Internet... I hope you also found out about the numerous other less worrying things they are linked to! So don't panic, don't assume the worst, but don't be complacent.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... n-20029652

Options:

1. Give it a week or two, and if it doesn't clear up, see a local hospital doctor.
2. If you're seriously concerned, go and see a doctor now.

Be clear about your concerns, and if you think you're being fobbed off, go somewhere like Bumrungrad.
Alternatively, wait until you go back to the UK - or email your GP now, explaining the situation and asking for advice. (Assuming you have a GP in the UK).

But I repeat - don't panic!
This is the way
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Thank you both for the almost up-lifting replies..both little lumps are/were indeed painless & not even sensitive to the touch..will maybe pop along to H.H. hospital for any extra advice...
.. :cheers:
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Had one for a few months on my neck with no irritation. Then it grew rapidly to the size of the end of my thumb and very painful to touch. Had it checked and was told they needed to cut. It was a couple of infected hair follicles which produce boils or carbuncles. Ordered some antibiotics and hourly hot compresses and she was ready to squeeze which I did myself despite several offers of the hot bottle treatment. An eggcup full of mess later (search youtube) and I got fresh blood. Kept it clean with aesepso soap and alcohol and let it heal with regular compresses. Bangkok hospital probably would have charged me a fortune and put me under the knife for no reason. Brand new in a few days. Hope yours is as simple.

Crazy 88
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

The worst thing you can do is a self diagnosis of yourself on the internet. I had a medical condition a couple of years back which the doctors were unsure about for a short period of time. I went to the internet and spent some time researching my problem. I pretty much gave myself a year to live. When in fact my self diagnosis was completely incorrect and my medical issue yet some what serious took a short 6 months to clear up. I probably lost one year off my life worrying about nothing. If your unsure about something......go to the doctor!
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
albaker

Post by albaker »

:cheers: Lymph nodes lumps are not painfull I know this as I am in remission from non hodgkin lymphoma .
Start to worry if more "lumps" underarm , groin or neck and have night sweats and fevers .
I didn't as "lump" only on neck got bigger and painless and spread to other parts and the delay meant many months , yes months , of horrible treatment .
DONT DELAY GO TO DOCTOR OR HOSPITAL , NOW , for tests , scans etc if only to give you piece of mind .
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Been to San Paulo today..saw a doctor who told me I was OK.
When I told him my worry about lymph nodes, he told me my 'bumps' were on the skin surface, & were the result of minor infection, & not from underneath the skin level where the nodes are.
Thank you all for your posts & info relating to this issue...
... :cheers:
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Good news matey. :-)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
kateoates
Novice
Novice

Post by kateoates »

Hi.For heavens sake get this sorted at ONCE.I was so worried I didnt look at the date on your post so maybe you did.Bumrungrad in BKK are good.Here I hear mixed reports about BKK Hospital Hua Hin but some good ones about San Paolo.Go to Bangkok..I used to work for Bumrungrad in the UAE and they were good there.If you do get a cancer diagnosis you need to look up the profile of the docs you are referred to.You want lots of experience in their history.The very,very best of luck
Kate