Urologist Recommendations

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Duck Duck
Novice
Novice

Urologist Recommendations

Post by Duck Duck »

I am new to the Hua Hin area and would like to get recommendations of a good urologist who speaks and understands English. Any information and recommendations you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Duck Duck
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Re: Urologist Recommendations

Post by dundrillin »

I saw a urologist at Bangkok hospital in Huahin. His name was Dr Jakkrit . He speaks good English and I regard him as very competent , he organised appropriate investigations and the following consultation was thorough and re-assuring.
Loginbs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Loginbs »

I saw a BKK urology doc for years, at Bamrungrad even. He never physically examined my prostrate even though he gave me medicine for BPH. Not first clas medicine in the LOS.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

dundrillin wrote:... he organised appropriate investigations ...
Does that mean he didn't do the physical exam(s)? The urologist I saw at HH Bangkok hospital gloved up.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not a recommendation, but I see signs for a urologist in the big building just up from the Soi 88 Food Court.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Duck Duck
Novice
Novice

Post by Duck Duck »

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

dr. jakkrit has gone to bangkok. there's probably someone else at bangkok hospital.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

That's a pity..Doc Jak although looking like a 12yr old was very knowledgeable and patient friendly..
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Ever since this thread started I've been racking my brain and looking through old medical paperwork but I cannot find the doctor's name I used a couple of years ago. He was very knowledgeable spoke English and I he solved my problem. He was at Petcharat in Petchaburi so was also inexpensive. He was pretty young (early 30's I'd guess) so good chance of still being there. I'm not sure if he worked every day at that hospital though so if you go this route, call ahead for an appointment
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?