Recommendations Welcome for Eye Exams/Glasses

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Duck Duck
Novice
Novice

Recommendations Welcome for Eye Exams/Glasses

Post by Duck Duck »

We are looking for recommendations of somewhere to get our annual eye exams and possibly new glasses (if needed) in Hua Hin.

Any help you can give is appreciated.

Duck Duck
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Recommendations Welcome for Eye Exams/Glasses

Post by hhinner »

I recently had an eye exam at Dr Pairat's clinic just about 20 meters south of Market Village. Cost 500 baht. He speaks English and will give a prescription for correctional lenses. Very thorough. Used both manual and computerised methods with me and when there was a discrepancy did the manual check again. You can then take your prescription to an opticians. I myself used a UK online glasses company. Very pleased with both glasses and vision.

Also, any opticians here will do an eyecheck, but it won't be thorough in my experience.

More on Dr. Pairat here: viewtopic.php?t=24847. FB: https://www.facebook.com/Dr.PairatEyeClinic
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Recommendations Welcome for Eye Exams/Glasses

Post by HHTel »

Dr. Pairat will also tell you when you don't need glasses or new prescription. Try any other 'frame sellers' and even if you have perfect vision they will still try to sell you specs. Outside of Bangkok Hospital, I think Dr. Pairat is the only real eye doctor in HH.