I Have a Heartbeat in my Eyelid

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: I Have a Heartbeat in my Eyelid

Post by GLCQuantum »

davefranco wrote:In some communities it signal of some bad shit is gonna happen with you.
Right on the money - I had another motorbike crash and I got dengue fever. :P
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

GLCQuantum wrote:
davefranco wrote:In some communities it signal of some bad shit is gonna happen with you.
But you told us after the last motorbike crash, you were showered with money from 'the victim' and even received a bunch of flowers :wink:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

^
That was my first motorbike crash 9 years ago. No broken bones with the recent one - just a load of road rash.

List of accidents before I came to Thailand:

1 x split lip from jumping up the stairs when I was a toddler.

List of accidents after I came to Thailand:

1 x shattered hip
2 x cracked vertebrae
3 x stitches in right eyelid
6 x stitches in chin
1 x burn on left shin (no feeling there now - just a white bit of flesh about 20cm x 10cm)
2 x large scars up both arms (road rash)
1 x small scar on bridge of nose
1 x small scar on left cheek (face)
1 x large (30cm) scar on left cheek (butt) from being opened up to fix shattered hip.

Hmmm... maybe I shouldn't ride a motorbike anymore. :?

:cheers:

P.S The first guy wasn't the 'victim' per se - he pulled out of a soi without looking and caused the accident. I shouldn't have been on the road in the first place though. In England I'd be looking at jail time regardless of myself causing the accident or not.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:
But you told us after the last motorbike crash, you were showered with money from 'the victim' and even received a bunch of flowers :wink:
Apparently the "Powers that Be" have caught on to his exploits and a dose of Dengue Fever past on forthwith.....
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

I do think things come in three's, as they say :shock:
I went through life with not many accidents, even though I went to some dangerous places on my travels.
This year I have had 3 accidents :(
1st back in March when someone ran into the back of my car.
2nd Fell over in field and dislocated my shoulder (hell on earth) hospital and still ongoing.
3rd accident tripped over broken pavement in London, really hurt myself again and waiting to see if I have torn tendons :twisted: Broke my watch too :(

Being a woman I fortunately did not get any scars to my face. GLCQuantum you seem to have a lot of scars after your accidents, no good saying to people be careful as nobody does these things on purpose.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

pharvey wrote:
Big Boy wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:
Apparently the "Powers that Be" have caught on to his exploits and a dose of Dengue Fever past on forthwith.....
Whose side are you bloody on... God's or mine?

:rasta: